Mini Chapter: Nightmare

cw. scary imagery, slight body horror

Drops of water fell from Y/n's face to the puddle in the sink. The quiet hum of the airship filled the silence steadily.

"This can't be happening."

Y/n's shaky hands clutched the sides of the sink, angry veins exposing themselves on her skin.

With her heart pounding, she reached a single shaky finger to the side of her mouth and pulled at the skin as she opened her mouth as wide as a titan.

She peered into the mirror, eyes bloodshot and sweat running down between them, mixing with the faucet water.

Just what the fuck is that?

A kidney stone... a hardened tumor... a gem lodged in my throat... a gem?

Deep in the black cavern that was her mouth, past her teeth and her tongue, behind the uvula, lay a shimmering bone embedded into the flesh, like a wisdom tooth poking out its hard head

Y/n squinted harder. A bright green hard bone flashed back at her from the bottom of her own throat.

She dropped her hand and swallowed, as the wave of horror brought her hands back to her mouth and her deranged eyes widened to the golfballs.

When did that start... growing there?

I need... a doctor, I-

I think I'm going to be sick.

Author's note: by the way, all character design is up to you. This drawing represents the placeholder avatar I'll be using throughout the book. They have no distinguishing features, no consistent hair color, nor skin tone, etc, in order to keep Y/n neutral.
-eli