Gon

The bright sun shone down on the passengers and the seagulls cawed above. It was the perfect sunny day.

As Y/n, Leorio, and Kurpika walked out, Gon was helping a crew member carry a cart of apples.

"There's a storm coming, Gon warned the captain. Y/n walked up to them.

"A storm? In this weather?" she questioned.

"Yeah, the air is warm and extra salty. It's also what the sea cranes are saying, see?"

Y/n looked up to see seas gulls circling the sky above.

Suddenly, Gon ricocheted from the floor onto the top of the sail.

"Yup, it's gonna be a big one, and it's headed right towards us, maybe in about three hours!" he yelled.

Both Y/n and the captain looked on with awe.

"Woah

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Woah. You predicted a storm just like that?" she said. Gon smiled in response, climbing down. "Could you teach me to do that?" she asked.

"Sure!" Gon replied. He took her by the hand and pulled her a little.

"Make sure you feel well settled into your surroundings, so you're not distracted."

"Okay..." Y/n stood comfortably next to Gon.

"Now, raise your head," he said, pointing up above.

Y/n peered into the ocean sky, her eyes glittering from the blue expanse.

"Now," Gon continued, "take a deep, deep breath and just smell."

Well that's not very descriptive, Y/n thought.

But she continued to hold onto Gon's little hand, and she breathed in the salty ocean air. At first, she only sensed absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. The hot sun began to sting at her face as she shifted uncomfortably.

"Try again," Gon reassured.

Y/n took a deep breath in and tried to calm down fully, which she was good at. Surely enough, she began to sense something different. Something, bitter, angry, and tormentous coming from the west.

"I got it!" Y/n said, pleased.

"Alright!" Gon replied, "now where is it coming from?"

"West" Y/n replied quickly.

"You got it, Y/n!" Gon said, smiling. "You're a natural!"

Y/n opened her eyes and chuckled. "You think so?"

Gon took y/n's hand in both of his and gave her a big cheesy grin. "Of course!"

She laughed.

"Well, to thank you, why don't I teach you something?"

Gon's smile shrunk a little. He shifted in his boots uncomfortably. 

"Sure."

She grabbed his wrists lightly.

"Put your hands up like this, lined against the horizon."

Gon's big eyes looked at their hands in curiosity.

"See the sun? Stack up your hands in between the horizon and the sun, and that's how many hours you have left of daylight. Each leftover finger is about fifteen minutes. With a storm, I doubt we'll see the sunset, though," Y/n said, checking out the horizon with a hand cupped on her brow.

"But I only have two hands," Gon said, and Y/n laughed.

"Just measure it, see-?"

"One, two, three, four hours of daylight remaining!" They said in unison.

Their laughs created a soft harmony against the ocean breeze. Kurapika smiled at them from afar, then closed his eyes and basked in the sun. Leorio continued to be invested in his magazine.

 Leorio continued to be invested in his magazine

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Did you know?

You can actually measure the time with your hands in real life like Y/n and Gon do in today's chapter!