Journal Entry 1

Y/n
Journal Entry 1: Emeraldian Culture (Food)

Recipe name: Joya Juice
Background Info: Joya juice is a traditional pudding made in the Emerald Tribe Kingdom. It is usually a snack mostly eaten when dry seasons hit, but are enjoyed throughout the year as well. This is typically made by the leading adult men and women of the household to be distributed to the family, but as Joya juice is a casual snack, this is not a strict guideline (like so many Emeraldian rules are...). The modern variety is based off fruit off a deadly plant, Joya fruit, that is lethal but those who have eaten from it have said it tasted delicious like "a coconut milk and mango pudding with chia seeds and traces of honey," before they died. It is relatively easy to make and takes about little over an hour to make.

Ingredients:
1 cup Soy or coconut milk
3 tbsp Chia seeds
Wildflower honey
2 cups chopped mangoes

Directions:
Add milk, chia seeds, and 3 tbsp honey into a large bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for an hour. This is done in the Emerald Kingdom by placing it in a food casket and locking it under the nearest community waterfall. Brr!
Next, place the chopped mangoes in a blender, or crush by hand until it is a yogurt-like consistency. Add 2 tbsp honey to it, and blend well.
Finally, add the chia seeds mixture (which should be like a pudding substance) into a cup or bowl. Make layers of the chia seed and mango mixtures. You may also add granola.

The mango mixture represents the sweetness of life, while the chia seed mixture represents the dull, bad times in life. Both of these come and go in the layers of one's life, but in the end, when we mix it all together, we see there is both good and bad in life in a messy way. Such is life!
Most Emeraldian traditional snacks have some kind of lesson built into them like this.

For more information, Google or YouTube: Mango Chia pudding.

-Y/n