Chap 12 (how a story is created)

It takes choices to create a story where characters and fates collide, but most importantly, decisions to be taken and feelings to voice out.

Jasmine was innocent, and immature, but true to herself; something I strived to be. And her appearance in my life made sure I became it. I found myself voicing my feelings all the time. I had almost no filter and no shame, I didn't care for the fact that her parents were there or that we were loud and customers were near,  nonetheless, they all appreciated our relationship.

After the accident and her long hospitalization, Jasmine opened up fast like nothing ever happened, and I didn't take it for granted. Since the day she was back in my life, I started to be much more aware of her feelings, even more than mine. That doesn't mean that I treated her perfectly, I still liked to tease her on daily basis to see her pouts but I did turn them into giggles in the end.

My parents met her a week after her discharge from the hospital, her secret was kept between her family and me as I was sure that my parents didn't need to know, they would love her regardless of why she is the way she is but her family would surely want fewer people to know and I respect that. Funny enough, I felt tension when both families met; I was afraid that something would go wrong and I wouldn't be able to see her again. But that feeling and that meeting made me realize when I looked at her that I can't let things keep going the way they were...

I know that she would hate it and that she won't be able to handle it being on her skin, but a ring had to be put on her finger and I had to put a lifetime on the story we were creating.

"Ma!" she called as she came in wearing her yellow sweatshirt and sweatpants, with a cat in her hands "It ate my lunch" she stated

Her mother turned to her dad "Did you leave the window open again?"

"Goodness, I might have forgotten to close it. I'll fix her something" he turned to my smiling parents before he spoke again "Excuse me for a minute"

I managed to hold his hand and lightly pull it before he managed to straighten his back as he was about to stand "Nevermind, uncle. I'll do it" I stated sheepishly, very conscious of the many eyes that were watching me.

"O, I never thought you could cook sweetheart." mom HAD to drop her teasing comment over my head.

"It's never too late to learn" I mumbled knowing quite well I had a stupid grin plastered on my face. 

"oo" I was teased by both of my parents while hers held their smiles and chuckles in trying not to add to my embarrassment. 

I straightened my back fully and walked towards Jasmine and the purring cat in her hands. "Let's go fix you something to eat, ok?" 

She looked away from "I don't want to, I want to sleep now"

"Jazz" I warned, aware of the whole play she was giving.

"I really am tired" She looked at me, tilting her head in annoyance and stomping her foot on the ground.

"I know. I understand. But you promised me to eat"

"I'll just have a sandwich"

"No"

"bu-" she was about to whine, however, she chose not to when I glared. Instead, she turned around and led the way to the kitchen before she sat on the stool and freed the cat from her hold.

"I love you" I said studying her grumpy face and waiting for its breakout. "Jazz" I called her name as I turned her stool to face me, positioning my hands on the counter that she now had her back against. "I love you. You know that, right?"