chap9(how we spoke at last)

Jonquil is a flower that means sympathy, desire and affection returned. But in my case, I meant to use it to beg her to "Love me".

My past promise to bring her to my shop became me bringing my shop to her. I brought her flowers every day, ever since that day, since she needed to stay in the hospital. She was ought to stay for at least a week; her cut was deep and she bled too much before she was found so extreme care with her case was necessary as her body was weak and she required quite the observation. And so, I made sure to bring her flowers every morning so that she won't get bored, hoping the slight act of changing flowers will make a difference in the room and help her not feel stressed; trapped inside unfamiliar four walls.

Started with the flower petunia; which meant anger, and resentment, but most importantly "Your presence soothes me". The second day's yellow tulip meant hopeless love but also "There is sunshine in your smile". The third one was yellow and magenta zinnia with a meaning of daily remembrance and lasting affection.

And for today, as I stand watching her sleeping form for the fourth day in a row, I brought her white violet and Jonquil which means "Let us take a chance"... and a beg to "Love me".

"Please love me" I whispered slowly afraid of waking her up. I yearn for her eyes to bore into mine yet I fear the gaze that she would send towards me. However my yearning wins over my fear as I had enough of her sleeping face, I needed to see her for myself, so I asked her parents to ring me the next time she was awake as I called it a day and left heading to work, never thinking that tomorrow will be the day. 

They rang me at ten in the morning right when I stepped foot into the shop, but who cares about what I was doing, I made a detour and ran back, climbing inside my car before I stepped on the gas and drove straight to the hospital. Parked like a madman, with burning lungs and an anticipating heart, ran the stairs and the corridors till I reached her ward... 

But that was it.

Just then, and after all the effort, just so I can see her, my own feet stopped on their record. They halted right in front of her door. And before I know it, my hands went numb and rested at my sides refusing to even reach the knob. I was unable of moving when I saw her there looking at the flowers beside her; no smile, no move, just blandly staring at them.

I forgot to bring her new ones!..

"Are you not going in?" her mother startled me when she emerged from behind.

"i-" I looked back from her to Jasmine, finding that she was still in the same trance.

"She keeps looking at them when she's alone. I guess they keep her company" she explained.

"Ow"

"Get in. I was waiting for you to come since I have to leave. I need to get her some clothes to change into. So, if you don't mind, can you keep her company?"

"Yeah!.." anyone can tell how excited I was from how high my 'yeah' sounded. I cleared my throat and tried again "Sure."... I was hoping to be alone with her. I have so many things to tell her, but so few words that can express them.

"Okay then, take care. Call us if there's anything wrong. Even though I'm quite sure you know how to take care of her"

"Sure" I do. After all, I had her with me for two weeks.

It didn't take long before her mother left, leaving me to collect all the courage in me to open that door, which I finally did.
With me getting in and closing the door back, anyone would think that she would spot me, but none of my movements grabbed her attention at all. She remained still, unmoving. Therefore, I decided to speak, with the hope that she will notice me. I didn't know how to start... Yet what's better than to call her name?.. "Jazz"