chap8(how separation can kill)

"I think since it went pretty well and quite smoothly, I will get to lean on you from now on... You know... To get flowers" Lilly said, as we were both inspecting the venue we worked on.

"I would love that" I kept it short and simple, but I guess my words were somehow twisted and misunderstood on her part, since she smiled shyly before she turned around, leaving to finish her inspection.

 It was not the smile I liked on that face. Wearing a red dress and heels, creating a look that I came to loathe since meeting that one customer... Yet, it was THAT face! THAT DAMNED FACE!!

I knew that this had to stop but I didn't know how to explain it to her and I had absolutely no courage to turn away again, from that same face. My only choice was to refrain from explaining and just create more of a distance for the time being. Maybe then, everything will fall into place and it will be fixed without me needing to say anything. 

That was my plan.

But life had another plan written for us. And every single one of us three fell in place to accomplish it. 

Without us realizing it, It had already begun and almost reached its end.

A very dreadful end.

As I mentioned, I planned to keep a low profile for a while and stay away but Lilly seemed to plan quite the opposite from mine. And her plan consisted of constant phone calls, even when I did not answer; not even once.

However, four days were quite enough to make me lose my patience, fill me with annoyance and push me to answer "Hello?!" I heard her voice when I picked up the phone. 

My plan is not working so I have to end this. Now before later!

"Hey" I kept it short, getting ready to launch the bomb at her.

"How are you? it's been so long since I heard from you"

"I was just busy with work"

"So I heard. I just wanted to tell you that my assistant will be taking care of this next wedding this time. I have some things to attend to"

"Okay"

"O?..K?"

I knew that she was waiting for me to say something and keep the conversation going but I can't lead her on anymore. Amanda's words played in my head turning my annoyance into guilt, and guilt into courage. "Listen, Lilly, I need to tell you something, I-" I started, but I was interrupted by a voice right before I can reach the important part.

"Lilly honey did you see Jasmine?!" A voice that made me freeze when I heard it utter that one name.

.

.

.

THIS CAN NOT BE REAL!!

"Lilly.." I called her name in disbelief at what I was hearing on the other line

"No! she was with you!"

"I turned around for a second and she was gone"

"where is dad?"

"Lilly!" TALK TO ME!!..  "LILLY!" I shouted to get her attention.

"Sorry! I'll call you later!" she responded before she hung on the phone in a hurry.

"Wai-" Damn it! This is not the response I wanted to hear!!