chap6(how chances are taken)

Three months and seventeen days passed since. My life has taken a drastic change, to the point where it feels like it is not mine. My dream has come true and my struggling days have paid off; I have my own flower shop, a full team of employees, and online services that made my business skyrocket in less than two months since opening.  I have accomplished all I have wanted. I have become the version of myself that I have always idolized, yet, I felt an internal void, and I knew exactly why.

Her silhouette haunted my consciousness ever since, I think about her on a daily to the point where I shut my mind with one single sentence; she's doing fine for sure.

And here I am. Not fine. 

I hated the feeling of unfamiliarity in my own apartment more than anything. Every time work was over and my feet led me home, I wished I could just go around and change my direction to the hotel, wishing more than anything to find her there.

The way I treated her in the end, the way I gave her goodbye, was the one thing replaying in my head proving just how much of a jerk I am. I keep imagining different scenarios of how it could have gone if I controlled myself and treated her well. 

I was a goner...

her smile, her voice, her eyes and her hold on my shirt became everything I  craved. 

Her face was all I see.

And her last tear was haunting me.

"Achichi " I uttered the words I wanted to hear, as I kept saying them every day hoping that she would appear and chant them with me... Alas, I was alone here. "Booo" my own voice was the only one I could hear. 

A knock at my door signaled the end of my loneliness around these four walls of my office before one of my employees got in to inform me "Sir, someone is looking for you"

"I'll be there. Thank you" I sounded composed, very different from my internal state of mind. I had hope; a very unreasonable hope that made me step out of the room with quick but heavy strides, knowing it won't be her, but also hoping that it was.

And as I met the outside and the people in it, my eyes looked around, finding a familiar one in front of them.

"Hey Toby!" she said, very cheerfully even though she was met with disappointment on my face.

"Hi" I tried my best to match some of Hannah's excitement and joy but I couldn't even reach the average.

"Your business is doing great. Congratulations!"

"Yeah, thanks"

"Uhuh. Yeah. So?.. Um.." she made her hesitation very clear before she managed to ask "Did you bring Jasmine here yet?"

I promised her to, but now that things have changed and I became aware of the fact that I won't be able to leave her if my eyes lay on her ever again. "No". I choose to break that promise.

"I will... Someday" I said, as I moved to the counter, escaping her eyes and the image of myself that they reflected, and started going through some of the receipts near me.

"Actually, I heard that she was sent to the suburbs, to her grandparents. Since it's safer from the city"