chap 13(how to keep a story going)

I did it!

I put a ring on her finger!

Putting a ring on the finger was not that hard of a choice. 

Signing a paper and calling her my wife was also not the least hard.

What was hard and what mattered were the daily choices and decisions we made to keep our story going.  

And it kept going; for more than three months

And what I had learned in the span of this time, and through this relationship, was that the beginning of anything is always hard as it takes quite a lot to understand ourselves and convince the other of our truth,  the rest is harder as we have to act according to the truths we know and to feel accordingly too. It is hard, tricky, and draining at times but we can't forget why we started in the first place. 

For me the reason was more than just love.. to me it was life.

 I found life with her, I found life in her.

Now let me fill you in on my life with her.

Jasmine's stress was gone after taking a toll on her for quite a time, but finally, she was back to being her lively self.

Lilly made it a habit to come and visit every two weeks and things were cool between us, maybe even better than they could have ever been. Our parents were our pole in this relationship and we both were stable and happy like we wanted to be. And in less than two months, we got married. 

But the story doesn't stop here. The story has welcomed, yesterday, an unwanted guest and unwanted situations that you would think I was and would be the only one to deal with. However, it seems like it was for us to conquer; My ex-fiance, Maria.

My story didn't emphasize Lilly and what happened between us two, as it was not that damaging nor that important. But when it came to Maria it was a bit different, as it was a relationship of three years, and a previous promise of a life together.

Who's fault was it to end it all? you may wonder.

"Mine"

I couldn't give her what she had wanted, what every woman wanted; security.
Something that I realized Jasmine had found in me and was the reason for her to confide herself with me; not because I reminded her of her father, but because I gave her security like her father. That's what I was incapable of understanding at that time. And unable to do this my past whole life, which created a scar and pain for Maria, and because of that she had gone after my family's money to squinch her thirst for security with other things but it didn't work, so 'we' ended before it really started.

"Umm" she moved,  planting herself on my body with her forehead touching the side of my neck and her nose tip on my collarbone. If it was another day and situation I would have been a little uncomfortable due to my sweaty and sticky state in this hot weather, but I couldn't bother, especially after yesterday's events.

"Baby?" I whispered, pulling her side bangs away from her face and gazing at her frown as she slept "Babe?" I called her again so that she opened her eyes squinting through the sunlight in our room, trying to spot me through the intense light coming through the window that was facing her. I turned slowly, still with my hand under her, and I gave my back to the window shading her from the light.