Chapter 35

There will be many skips in the chapter cause I don't want to continue this for too long. It must be getting boring for you guys too.

Selfless, infinite and beautiful, that's what a mother's love is, if tried to explained in mere vocabulary of three words. But what's equally strong, forgiving and sacrificial is a father's love. A mother goes through life wrenching pain to bring an angel to this world, but a father works just as hard for the prior nine months to make sure that the baby is healthy when it's time to bring it to the world. None of their love can be equated on a scale.

Hence it was bewildering when Youngjae was on cloud nine hearing the news of his mate being pregnant, but Ara was a terrified mess sitting with an expressionless face on the bed. Youngjae of course wasn't present to witness this. He wasn't present to witness the internal turmoil in Ara's head.

"Hansung you know this baby is most probably yours right?" The "lovers" were currently meeting near a beautiful lake deep within the woods, the scenery being an enigmatic combination of colours painted by the nature itself, understandable only by the likes of great minds.

"I know love, but the Alpha can't know that no matter what happens. He'll kill the baby. He'll kill you. He'll kill us. Our plan to elope needs to be executed faster now. The day after tomorrow, a ship sets its sail for the Jeju Island. Meet me by the forest, in the morning, we'll leave for the ship together." A gentle kiss was placed on Ara's lips as a silent promise towards their protection, making the Omega keen with satisfaction. Her wolf though, stirred with disgust and disapproval, not wanting to feel the touch of anyone who's not her mate. She did not approve of her human's actions but there was nothing she could. She can only gain control when her human side allows her to, which she never does.

"Okay."

_________

Still sleeping soundly in her bed covered by the softest of blankets that her mate had got custom made for her, Ara stirred awake by the noises of multiple footsteps in her room, sounding frantic as if they had to be quick in whatever they were doing. What made her rise up wasn't the surge of panic as to who were inside her room at this ungodly hour, but the question why. From their scents she could tell that they were her pack mate, assigned to take care of her, but she didn't understand why they were inside her room without her permission.

"What's going on?" She wanted to shout something along the lines of, "who the fuck gave you the permission to enter my room without my permission", but she was their Luna, she couldn't be so rude to her pack members.

"We're sorry if the noise woke you up Luna. Alpha told us to pack your bags first thing in the morning without disrupting your sleep. Your flight is at 1 PM and you'll be escorted to the airport at 10AM. So you still have time, you can go back to sleep." The anger and fear fuming inside her was immense but futile. She did fight with her mate for taking such an abrupt decision without informing, yet she couldn't do anything against it. It would have been extremely suspicious if she did. Thence her plans of eloping with her lover were all crumpled down, and with barely moving muscles she was left to get ready to fly to her mate.

________________

"She she fainted! We were on our way and she was walking to get into the passenger seat but she passed out in the middle, right in front of my eyes!" The panicked Alpha had been explaining the same scenario to the doctor again and again which the doctor had started to grow tired of. She understood that the young man cared a lot about his pregnant mate but passing out in the starting stage of pregnancy was pretty normal. Sudden rise or fall in blood pressure leads to this, so she was trying her best to stay calm, and explain the same to the latter.

"It's normal in the starting stage of pregnancy Mr Lee, the first two months are especially critical so we just have to be extra careful. Once that stage passes things will start to get better. Not completely fine, but better." The doctor explained in the softest tone she could muster.

"But she's two and a half months along already! Oh god is there a complication? Please find out what's wrong." The doctor's hands that were working its way on Ara's gelled up belly, were soon clasped by the Alpha, making her flinch and leaving her confused.

"Two and a half months? Who told you that Mr Lee? Her pregnancy is just two weeks along." It was now the Alpha's turn to be confused but that was soon replaced with a chuckle.

"No that can't be. You must have made a mistake in your examination or the machine must be broken. There's no way my mate could be only two weeks pregnant." A feeling of sympathy soon washed through the doctor's heart as she soon understood the reason of his denial. She's been in this field for more than 10 years now, which also made her witness countless of cases of couples cheating on each other. This clearly looked to be that case. This was their personal matter now, but she could not keep the supposedly legal parent in the dark.

"It's been ten years since I've been a gynecologist Mr Lee, but if you still don't trust my words then you can always take a second opinion."

"B-But it's just not possible. We've been living away from each other for two months now. H-How can she get pregnant when her mate wasn't even there to impregnate her." And this was a question that he could already guess the answer to.

____________

"How could you! How could you betray me like this?! You couldn't go just two months without whoring around?!" For the first since they've been together did Ara see her mate shouting on her like this. She deserved it of course, she knew it, but it still hurt her alot. Tears kept falling from her eyes uncontrollably, her breaths came out ragged as she tried to force out a sentence from her mouth.

"I'm s-sorry. I'm r-really sorry Youngjae b-but I love him. I..I'll go away from y-your life. I p-promise not to show my face a-again. P-Please forgive me." Seeing his mate breaking down like this completely shattered Youngjae's heart just like always. He'll probably forever despise her for her betrayal, for breaking his heart, but could never bring himself to hate her. He loved her with ever cell in his body. Maybe a little too much.

"No no, i-it's not love baby. You were just manipulated by that bastard. He seduced you. Made you belive that you love him, made you betray me. You stayed away from me f-for the first time so you mistook your dependence on him for love. You you committed a sin but it's okay baby. We'll get through this. I'll love this baby just like my own, afterall it's a part of you. Yeah, w-we'll get through this." A silent promise of not leaving her mate and forgetting all about the person she cheated with, was made in exchange of not revealing his name and making Youngjae spare his life.

A promise she couldn't keep.

Exactly a year later Ara ran away from her mate, taking along her new born son, making a mistake that ruined not just two, but countless other lives.

All in the name of love.

"I want the two of them right in front of me dead or alive and the boy, completely unharmed."

"He needs to stay alive to hear stories of how amazing her mother was."

____________________

Finally we're done with their "love story". We'll come back to the present from the next chapter. Many questions were answered, but many questions still remain.

What are the questions you are still curious about? Comment so I can know if you're understanding the story so far or not.