Chapter 5

The next day Taehyung was clinged to Jungkook like a monkey clings to its mother. His hate for mobile phones didn't go unnoticed when he didn't let the device to be anywhere near Jungkook. He believed the metal box would once again swallow Jungkook into itself, and he couldn't let that happen. Hence he completely separated Jungkook from his one and only love. Jungkook somehow managed to slip from him for bathroom breaks, but other then that, Taehyung was like his new grown tail now.

"Stop behaving like a baby. I've already shown you how video call works. I've shown you how a camera works. You can't just cling to me all day. I have shit to get done." Jungkook half shouted at Taehyung in frustration. Like all times, Taehyung didn't understand anything, but he felt a bit hurt.

"Namjoon do something. I have to get back to my coffee shop job too. All my money was spent on Taehyung's clothes. I have nothing left anymore." Jungkook exclaimed.

He doesn't work anywhere else because Namjoon pays him enough for his monthly expenses. Of course Jungkook doesn't patrol the pack grounds for free. Like everyone else he has all the rights to carry on with his life and work somewhere else but Namjoon hired him for doing patrol and ensuring the pack's safety since he's the strongest Alpha out there. Since he has only himself to spend on, he doesn't spend much of his money and saves the rest. He never knows when his mate will turn up so he has to have enough money to take care of them. Now that Jungkook had to buy all the clothes he had selected for Taehyung, he had ran out of his current month's salary which had ruined all his saving plans. So he had to make up for it by working at the coffee shop he works in everytime he messes up his saving strategy.

"You don't have to. I'll pay for Taehyung's clothes. He's now a part of our pack afterall." Namjoon said.

"No, I can't take your money. Taehyung is my responsibility. I took him in. I promised to take care of him. And I can take care of him." Call it clichè but this was something that affected Jungkook's Alpha pride. He knew Taehyung wasn't his mate so he wasn't obligated on taking care of him but from the moment he took him in he felt an emotional bond between them. Taehyung was an Omega and Jungkook was an Alpha. So it felt like Jungkook's wolf had taken Taehyung's wolf under its wing. Under its protection. Their connection wasn't soul bounding, yet spiritual.

"Well then how do you plan on separating yourself from him? He's stuck to you like a leach." Namjoon asked.

"I know right. It's almost romantic." Yoongi commented making his presence known. Jungkook and Namjoon half shrieked at his voice since they didn't remember seeing Yoongi in the room, neither did they hear him coming in.

"What you mean almost romantic?" Jungkook asked, putting extra emphasis on almost rather than on romantic.

"Well it would be romantic if he knew what romance was. Which he doesn't. He knows nothing as of now." Yoongi said explaining himself. That's when everything finally dawned on Jungkook. He would be lying if he said he hadn't perceived Taehyung's actions as something else. He had grown expectant. Expectant about things he didn't want to accept. Which he realized now is wrong.

"You're right." Jungkook said as he removed himself from Taehyung's grasp. Taehyung tried to grab him again but Jungkook had moved away from him.

"No. I have to go. You stay here and study." Jungkook said and left the room leaving Taehyung with a sad face.

"Oh your room is almost ready Taehyung." Namjoon said in an attempt to lift up Taehyung's spirit.

"You don't understand me, but you can see. Come I'll show you your room." Namjoon said as he picked up Taehyung and descended him on his wheelchair. He then led him towards the store room which was now under renovation.