Chapter 18

My dear readers. These flashbacks are not fillers. They're important if you want hints for Taehyung's alters. So don't skip it if you want to understand his condition better. It'll be through Taehyung's focus so pay attention on how he thinks. If you don't care about that, you can obviously skip. The flashback will be in italics so you'll know where it starts and ends. Enjoy.

Jungkook waltzes his way into the kitchen with a box hidden behind his back, as he stops right before Taehyung who was seated on a chair behind the kitchen asile.

"Guess what's for breakfast?" He pipes up.

"A 10 year old, meeting another 10 year old. What a sight to witness." Yoongi remarked. He was seated on the couch with Jimin in his lap, leaning his back on him.

"Indeed." Jimin agreed with a chuckle. Their voices were low. Inaudible to Jungkook's ears.

Taehyung's dark brown orbs glistens with the anticipation shining in them. They were round and big now. He starts tapping his flat palms on the aisle profusely as a question rolls out of his mouth.

"Wha? Wha?" A smile was now plastered on his face. A big rectangular one, curving on the upper lip, giving an impression of a faint heart shape.

Jungkook could swear he could see the whole universe in Taehyung's shining eyes. The whole solar system. But why did the solar system only have the Sun and the Earth in it? That too the Earth revolving right beside the sun. Well, Jungkook was always week in Geography. There was no way he could remember the orders of the planets.

"Close your eyes first. Close." Jungkook instructed him. Covering his own eyes to emphasize what he meant. Taehyung immediately closed his eyes. His smile never leaving his lips, and then he waited for the surprise, with his hands tucked between his closed thighs. So Jungkook now took out the cake from behind his back and placed it open on the kitchen aisle.

Taehyung's expressions looked so adorable that the beholders couldn't help but gather around him, with their phones fished out, taking pictures to capture the beautiful moment.

When Jungkook took too much time to tell him to open his eyes, he took it upon himself to make that decision and finally opened his almond eyes. His face contorts with confusion as he looks around to see that he was crowded by his family. A perplexed sound leaves his pouty lips as he inspects the kitchen aisle to find his morning treat.

Jungkook clears his throat to come back to reality and gestures with both hands towards the cake.

"A chocolate cake!" He chimed out. Taehyung gasped too, once his eyes fell on the cake.

"Cake!" He exclaimed, making others coo, while Jungkook's chest swelled with pride since it was him who had bought the cake.

"But Jungkook, don't give him more than a slice. Keep it in the fridge after that. He can have more later." Jimin counseled, making Jungkook nod. The Ravenette then served a slice in a plate and gave it to Taehyung after putting a spoon with it.

Taehyung fiddled in his seat in anticipation, wanting Jungkook to hurry up. He was quick to attack the treat as soon as it was placed in front of him. He was still a messy eater. After all he hadn't used the silverwares much in his life. But the others still let him try. Even Taehyung was always excited to eat on his own.

"Hey Taehyung. Want to read a story after you eat?" Jimin asked the boy who immediately nodded his head. He loved it when Jimin read stories to him. Especially when he used the picture books. That way he was able to understand the story better since he didn't completely understand the language yet.

"Okay so quickly finish whatever Jungkook feeds you and then come to my room." Jimin offered him in a gentle voice. He understood the part where he was told to finish eating. He was told that often.