Chapter Seventeen

Linden couldn't comprehend what was going through her mind as she quickly fled from the pack house, to the airport where she broaded the pack's private jet to get to Eli as soon as possible. She tried to get in touch with Ben for almost three and a half hours, but he didn't pick up. Thoughts flash through her mind, like if Ben would really show up to help Eli. Or he would be selfish and let him die. She couldn't stop the tears from falling, and not even the sinking of her claws in her palms couldn't stop the pain in her heart.

      She finally arrived at the Coventry pack and run her way up to the house.

     "Who are you, and what is your purpose here?" Three wolves stop her as she was about to open the door.

She spin around and look down at the wolves, irritation clear as day on her face. Without answering them, she barge inside the house and sniff the air searching for Eli's scent. When she finally found it, she took of in the direction it's coming from- the three wolves chasing and shouting after her.
She run through the house dodge pack members as her wolf urge her on to get to Eli, the wolves behind her making a ruckus as they chase after her to the backyard and the side of the house where the infirmary is located.

    Linden's heart flutter as she make it outside and closer to the infirmary, yes just a few more seconds and I will be able to see my mate. She thought, but it was short lived when something heavy slam into her side, knocking her to the ground.
She try pulling her body from underneath the large brown wolf that is now standing an inch above her, his left front paw pressing hard against her chest.

    "Who are You?!" The wolf's voice growl in her head, the voice demanding and powerful.

  'Damn, an alpha.' Linden thought.

    "Yes I am, and if you don't tell me who you are. I will have no mercy ripping you to shreds, and it would be a shame to see such a young alpha meet her demise  so early." His doggy breath fanning her face.

     "I am Linden Holman and the alpha of the Silver moon Pack, I am Eli's mate and I am here to help him." She quickly explain. Eli isn't getting better when she is out here challenging his pack's former alpha, so it's better to just chill and go with the flow and get it over with.

     "Why didn't you say that before." He shift before pulling her to her feet. "I am sorry for the threat, but I have to keep my pack safe." He apologized to her.

    "It's ok, but I really need to get to Eli." Linden bounce anxiously on her feet, eyeing the infirmary worriedly.

    "Oh right, follow me." He walk ahead of her and push the double glass doors to the infirmary open. "His room is just a few doors down." Linden thank him and follows his direction and Eli's scent to the second to last door in the back of the infirmary.

She took a deep breath mentally preparing herself for what she is about to witness inside, but as she push the door open and look at her mate's form on the bed. She couldn't keep the tears at bay, and she just broke down and cry.

     Everyone looked on as the  mysterious girl slide down to the floor and cried, her pain and sadness filled her cries as they echo of the walls in the room.

    "Excuse me sweetheart," Eli mother walk over to her and place a gentle hand on her shoulder, Linden look up at her. Her red puffy tear filled eyes gaze up at the woman in front of her, the woman who look so much like her dying mate. "Are you-"

    "You probably don't know who I am, i am Linden." Linden quickly pull herself off the floor and wipe the wetness from under her eyes and cheeks. She knows she look a mess, breaking down in front of Eli's parents like that without introducing herself. But the sight of him just laying there, it's like death is hovering over him, not even giving him room to breathe.

    "Oh Linden darling, thank you for coming. Thank you so much." Eli's mother pull her into a tight hug, tears glistening in her eyes as she let her go and stare with hope in her eyes.

     "It would have been wrong of me if I didn't. After hearing that story....how could I have not." She look over at Eli's pale and still form. "Can I?" She ask, pointing over at Eli.

     "Sure, go ahead." His mother said.

Linden walk up to the bed and sat down in the chair beside it. Her eyes crinkle a bit as she look down at her mate laying on the bed. Even though she had only seen him once, she can't ever forget his face. How his blond hair was messy, but in a sexy bad boy kind of way. His blue eyes void of all emotions but you can see a bit of vulnerability behind them, and also his tan skin complemented his looks perfectly. But looking at him right now, she didn't see none of that. Instead, his hair is limp and lifeless laying on his forehead. His skin pale and his blue eyes hidden behind his close eyelids.
Linden felt a tear slip from her eyes and down her cheek, she quickly wipe it away before anyone saw. She didn't want to come off as weak in front of these people, even if she had already given that impression when she came in earlier. She's an alpha for crying out loud, she should be trying to save her mate and herself. She can't let that happen to her and her mates, like what happen to those other mates from the story she was told.

     "Are you the doctor?" She look up at one of the two men in the room. He is standing at the foot of the bed staring at a clipboard in his hand, while the other man is over at the door embracing Eli's mother in a comforting hug. So he must be Eli's dad, if the blond hair didn't already confirm that.

     "Yes, my name is Nathan Gurney and I am the pack doctor. It's nice to meet you alpha." He shake Linden's hand.

    "What's wrong with him?" She ask even though she already knew, but what if she's wrong. What if he's just....sick. But she know that the latter is far from the truth, werewolves never get sick unless it's something serious and they are going to die.

     "Well from the look of his condition, he's suffering from rejection from his.....other mate." Nathan hesitates before continuing. "Linden, I am pretty sure you notice that your mating isn't like any other." Linden nodded and Nathan continued. "So I am sure your heard the story about-"

    "Yes i did, the elders of my pack told me the story a little bit before I got the call from Eli's parents. Is he going to die? Am I going to die, and is Ben going to die?"

    "Calm down alpha Linden, you aren't going to die." Nathan reassure her. "You and your mates are far different from the  wolves from the story."

    "How are we different, we are in the same situation just like them. Eli is dying for crying out loud, and I don't know what Ben is going through right now." Linden realise that she is getting worked up and calm down at the end. "I am sorry, but I am really worried. I have been calling Ben from I was leaving my pack to come here and he isn't picking up, Eli is....hes-" She turn to look at Eli still form unable to finish what she was going to say, her eyes brim with newly fresh tears. A lone tear slip from her left eye and fell onto Eli's right cheek, Linden stretch her hand out and use her thumb to wipe it away. She gasp as she pull back her hand and look closely at her mate. "H-hes reacting, he's trying to open his eyes." She she almost yell as she watches Eli's eyes moving behind his close eyelids.

A/N. I know I haven't updated in a while, and for that I am sorry. But I have been busy with some other things, and I just wanted to get them over with before I continue writing this book. Anyways, I know i have so many grammatical errors and typos that I need to correct in this book-so please by pass them because this book isn't edited as yet. I am going to edit it but I wanted to finish the story first. So here is a new chapter, and I hope you all like and enjoy it.

P.S, we are almost at the end of the story and I also have a new one in mind. If you guess have any ideas of how you want the story to end, just write it in the comment section or you can send me a PM.

    Or, why not choose from my list of possible endings.

Like Eli, Linden and Ben have a happy ending. Or they don't and end up like the other mates in the story.

Until next time.