Chapter 10

Eight hours of sleep, that's the amount of sleep every human being should get. But for Eli, he couldn't sleep a wink. Even though he wasn't fully human, he needed sleep just like anybody else. He had decided to not sleep at the pack house after his encounter with Ben on the stairs, his scent was so intoxicating. He could smell it everywhere he turned in the house, which his wolf kept pestering him to mate with Ben. So for safety reason, for both him and Ben, he sleep outside in a cabin that him and Lincoln built when they were nine.

    Rolling over, he stares at the beautiful glow the early morning sun cast upon the trees and mountain tops, the forest or woods was a glorious place especially when the sun starts to raise in the morning and in the night when the stars isn't hidden by the sun. With a loud sigh, Eli got up and went to the small bathroom in the cabin. He laugh at the memory of when him and Lincoln decided to build the cabin which they called their fortress. He remembered Lincoln whining that they should add a bathroom because of his weak bladder and privacy, which cause Eli to full on cackle because Lincoln exaggerate the term, a dog marking his territory. He pees on every tree in the woods and rub his scent all over, saying that he wants everyone to know that he's the alpha, the top dog, the big kahuna. The smile slip from Eli's face when he remember that he and Lincoln can never have those times again. He is busy being the alpha and spending time with his mate.

   Hissing his teeth in anger and annoyance, he splash some cold water on his face when he hears a knock on the cabin door. Frowning, he hurried, and by hurried, he crawled like a snail, grumbling about nosy pack members interrupting his peace. Probidaly here to ask him about Benjamin. The nerve Cedric and Eros had for bringing him to spend the weekend at the pack house. Those morons. Eli thought, pulling the  handle of the cabin door with full force almost ripping it of its hingings.

     "What!" He growl.

  " Nice to see you to sunshine." Said a girl with wavy brown waist length hair and brown eyes that sparkles in the early morning sun.

    "Candius, what do you want?" Eli mumbled, grinding his teeth togather. He is always happy to see his friend, she's the only one he has been talking to since Lincoln had announce his mating to Ben and Linden. But right now he just wanted to be alone with his thoughts.

   "For starters." She pushed pass him and step inside the living room. "Wow, you and Lincoln weren't kidding when you guys said you built a fortress, this thing has everything." She said looking at the flat screen on the wall.

    "Candius, again. Why are you hear, don't you have a mate to wake up with?" Eli close the door and walk to the mini kitchen next to the living room.

    "Don't get snappy with me, and yes but so do you." She followed him in the kitchen, requesting she wants coffee.

    "I don't have a ma....she's back at...,she's Not here!" He shouted as Candius stared at him with amusement swimming in her brown eyes.

   "I wasn't talking about your girl mate, am talking about the hot hunk of a English muffin that's spending the weekend at the pack house."

   "He's not my mate." Eli said in a monotone voice, turning his attention to the coffee pot in his hand.

   "Are you sure, cause he was pretty pisses when everyone didn't care that you weren't present at the dinner table yesterday." Candius Said, picking her nails while eyeing Eli from the corner of her eyes.

   "You're lying." Eli calmly Said, but his heart raced with every word and he didn't know why. Ben rejected him and he Ben, so why is he feeling like this. He's not even eighteen as yet, so why did he get a mate? Better yet, why did he get two? All these questions kept popping up in his head, he feels like his head is going to explode from all this curiosity.