Chapter Nine.

They finally reach the pack house and Ben must admit that it's really impressive even though his pack house is much larger, and by larger, he means like ten five star hotels in one. While this pack house is like a six million mansion. But who is counting and comparing, right. They all got out of the car and walk up to the steps, Eros and Cedric got tackled by over a dozen pups. Benjamin laugh at the sight that unfold in front of him, he continued to watch as the two older wolves eat dirt as the pups held them to the ground.

   "Sorry about that." Eros apologize, brushing himself off, while Cedric brought the pups over to where Ben is standing.

  "Hey guys, this is Benjamin and he will be staying with us for the weekend." Cedric introduce him to the pups.

   "Nice to meet you Benjamin!" They shouted in unison.

  "Nice to meet you too, and you can call me Ben."

They giggled happily as they run away, leaving the three guys laughing at their adorableness.

   "So ready to meet the rest of the pack?" Cedric ask, leading Ben up the steps.

They enter the house and Ben is hit by the most wonderful scent. "What is that smell?" Ben actually moan when he ask the question.

Eros chuckled. "That would be my mother's famous coconut rum pie." Ben lick his lips. "And it taste as good as it smells." This time it was Cedric who spoke. You will get to meet her but I want you to meet the pack members first.

And that's what Ben did throughout the day.

     It's 6am and it's finally dinner time, and Ben is starving after meeting the entire pack. All the pack members gathered in the dining room and sat at their respective seats at the long dinner table as the omegas place the different foods on top of it. Ben sat on Lincoln's right as Zia on his left, at the head of the table.

   "Where is my son, has anyone seen him?" Rudolph ask, looking around the room.

Everyone tense when they heard the question, they knew that Ben was Eli's mate because Lincoln announced it the night they got back from the party. And ever since then, Eli hasn't spoken to anyone in the pack, not even his parents.

Nobody answered and began eating when Lincoln said it was okay to eat.

Ben is confused by everyone's action, and the awkward silence at the table is killing him.

     "Um shouldn't we wait on his son? It's in all rights because he's the beta." Ben ask Lincoln, causing him to almost choke on a piece of smoked steak.

    "Yea, it doesn't matter." Lincoln replied.

    "Of course it does, in my pack everyone eats at the table when we have guests, even the omegas." Ben said, staring at a female omega standing with a pitcher full of orange juice.

   "Like I said, with all due respect. It's cool, he has been distancing himself from the pack anyway. And concerning the omegas, they always get invited to eat with us but they refuse to."

  Ben didn't push the discussion any further because it's not his pack and their affairs doesn't concern him, so he began eating, enjoying the meal.

   After dinner Ben follow Lincoln and Zia to the sitting room. They are there talking at the foot of the stairs when a smell that Ben remember all to well fill the room. He look around the room, sniffing out the scent when his eyes landed on the source.

    Eli froze at the top of the stairs, he had heard that Ben was staying at the pack house but he was never one to listen to pack gossip. And he never cared if he was spending the weekend, but now seeing him just standing there looking at him making his wolf whine for contact....WAIT, HE'S LOOKING AT ME!!" Eli shouted in his head. Oh crap.

   "Eli." Zia called when she spotted him. "You missed dinner."

    "Don't I always, but what do you care?"

   "She was just concerned, I don't know why but unlike you. She has a heart." Lincoln snap at Eli, pulling Zia even closer to him.

Eli hiss his teeth and continue to descend the stairs calmly but consciously.

  Ben gaze never left Eli's face, as much as he wanted to, he just couldn't.

    "Don't you have no respect? Don't you see your alpha and Luna standing here with a very important guest?" Lincoln roar.

Eli snort and reply with as much venom dripping from his words. "Respect is due for people who deserve it. And as for your Guest, he's just filth on my sh-"

    "If you dare finish that." Lincoln step up the two steps that separating him from Eli. He glares at his best friend, or should he say his idiotic best friend. For acting so immature over the simplest of things. "Have some decency and show some resp..."

   "It's ok Lincoln, clearly this beta of your isn't worthy of his title." Ben interrupted Lincoln. Even though his heart hurt from the choice of words Eli had chosen to class him as, he couldn't let that ruin his evening.

Lincoln open his mouth to protest but Ben raise a hand telling him to let it go. Lincoln move from out of Eli's way and Eli continue on his journey stopping to breathe in Ben's scent as he reach the last step where Ben and Zia are standing.

  Ben hands twitches to touch Eli's but he force down all his urges, even blocked out his wolf's howls for his mate. They rejected each other and the only mate he has and needs is back on campus waiting for him to come back on Monday. Eli was just a stranger he was unfortunate to run into. But if that is the case, why does he feel like this. Why does he feel like someone rip out his heart and stomped on it. Why does it hurt when Eli break eye contact and walk away.

A/N. Is Benjamin regretting his decision? Do you think he's going to be able to spend the weekend at the pack house without interfering with Eli?

How do you think Eli feels about Ben spending the weekend at the pack house?

Comment below and remember to vote and thank you to all those who are reading. Until next time. Peace.