Chapter 11

"Hey babe." Ben said, smiling as soon as Linden answer the phone.

   "I miss you." The soft tone of Linden's voice drifted through the phone.

   "I miss you too, can't wait until Monday to get back to you." Ben said softly.

  "Just one and a half day to go. So how is your weekend going? Did you see Eli and get to talk to him?" Linden ask, curiosity evident in her voice.

  "My weekend is going fairly good, everyone in the pack is really polite and welcoming." Ben answer, ignoring the question about Eli.

   "So what about Eli? Did you talk to him?" Linden repeated her question, hopefully that Ben has a good answer for her.

   "Yea...but he wasn't so welcoming. He did beat the crap out of his alpha though."

   "He did what, why?"

Ben filled her in on everything that happened in the morning, and Linden grew wary of her mate but the bond is so strong that in her mind she blames Lincoln for everything.

  "So did you try talking to him?"

   "Um...uh, sure?" Ben said more as a question than a straight answer.

  "Benjamin are you lying to me?"

   "No. He called me all sorts of names, but I can't help but wonder."

   "Wondering about?" Linden now curious as well.

   "How is it that we are mated to Eli and he's still seventeen?" Ben said waving to Eros as he approach him.

   "I never thought that, heck I didn't know how old he is. But yea, am definitely curious now." Linden said trying to think of a reason. "I know about the multiple mates situation but I never heard about a wolf under the age of eighteen finding their mate. Even if the mate is eighteen and older, the wolf has to turn eighteen to feel the bond."

  "That's why i-"

  "Need to keep a close eye on him while you are there. And don't be afraid to ask questions, whether from his pack elders or yours. I will get some info from mine."

  "Ok. Look I gotta go. Call you later."

  "Yea. Love you and bye." Linden said with a kissy sound.

  "Love you too." Ben reply back and pocket his phone when Linden hung up.

Ben was lost in his thoughts for a minute before someone touch his shoulder.

   "Hey man." Eros greeted.

  "Hey." Ben greeted back.

"Wanna get out of here and head into town for lunch?" Eros ask, already pulling out his car keys from his pocket.

  "Sure. And even if I wanted to say no, you would've still force me to go." Ben chuckled.

  "You got that right." Ben just shake his head with a smile on his face and followed his best friend to his car...wait did he say best friend? Come to think of it, he hasn't called Ace since the day he left the pack, nor neither did Ace. He has come to like Eros and Cedric and had grown close to them, but they didn't come close to what he and Ace had(I mean has) so he has to choose his words more carefully next time. And for good measure, he will make it a point of duty to call his best friend as soon as he can get some alone time.

  "Hey dude." Eros call, snapping his fingers in front of Ben's face. "I have been talking to you for an hour but then I realize that it was a one sidded conversation. Where have your mind gone to?"