Us [Part Two]

𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸 𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅𝑆 𝐿𝐴𝑇𝐸𝑅

You never thought that you would end up back at hogwarts after graduation, but here you were in front of a classroom teaching potions to a group of first years. As a nineteen year old, you always pictured you to turn out just just the way Draco did — a world-renowned alchemist — and he imagined himself a potions teacher, but you two both led very different lives. Each other's lives, almost.

You and Fred did not grow apart, in fact you grew closer and closer and closer, but never too close, if that makes sense. You both had different lives and they sort of met in the middle. Fred had came to teach muggle studies at Hogwarts as a substitute teacher, to honour his father who had retired by this point.

You were marking student essays when you heard a shrill giggle from the hallway. Parkinson. You wandered outside and she raced away, another perk of being deputy headmistress.

As if on cue, Fred came around the corner — smiling from ear to ear when he saw you. You gave him a subtle smile and walked over to him. You wrapped your arms around his torso and closed your eyes, breathing in his scent. You had missed him.

"You alright love?" He asked gently.

"Just stressed."

"What's got you down?"

"Well... everybody in class has been getting news of their parents having kids and it's all they talk about. And I know they're only young, I know they are, but we haven't had kids yet and I feel like I'm failing you."

"Failing me? Why would you be failing me?"

"Because you'd be such an amazing dad."

"And I still will be, and you'll still be an amazing mum, but you have a career love and so do I. I would never rush you."

"I'm ready."

"Really? If you want this you need to be 100% sure."

"I'm certain."

He smiled. "Okay then."

Three Months Later

Here you were again, in your ginormous dungeon classroom, marking another pile of essays and missing your boyfriend as usual. It wasn't easy having  a completely different life to Fred, and even living in different parts of the same country, but whenever it was necessary you two made time for each other and that was what mattered in the end.

There was a quiet knock at the door and in strolled Polly Pomfrey — healer in training and daughter of none other than Poppy Pomfrey — who had still not yet retired.

"I apologise for the interruption, Professor L/N, but I have those results."

"No worries." You waved your hand and she walked in timidly. "And please, call me Y/N. Did you telephone Professor Weasley like I asked?"

"Yes ma'am. He only has a space open in his calendar for tomorrow, though, I'm afraid."

"Not to worry, I shall just tell him the news in the morning."

𝑀𝐸𝐴𝑁𝑊𝐻𝐼𝐿𝐸 𝐼𝑁 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐼𝑁𝐹𝐼𝑅𝑀𝐴𝑅𝑌

"Polly!" Boomed a loud voice. The voice of none other than Fred Weasley. He was puzzled. When he received a phone call from Hogwarts, he'd not expected it to be polly. He had thought it would have been you.