#5

A/N: I know this note isn't in bold but I'm writing on my laptop for the first time, its actually quite fun. I already have a sequel of stories that I've written on my laptop on word so I just thought I'd give this a try. Sorry I didn't update yesterday I was out from 12 til 6 and I literally woke up at 10.

I'm done with my rant now so enjoy this part 5- F

.
.
.

You were on your way to a muggle hospital, to see if you were cancer-free yet. You knew it was highly unlikely but Fred booked the appointment and you couldn't let him down. You didn't know if it had worked and quite frankly your nerves were the worst that you had ever seen them. Or felt them rather...

"Excited?" Fred smirked kindly, not his usual sarcastic smirk, but not a smile. Hmm.

"More nervous, really. Scared, maybe, but not necessarily excited." You stroked your bump repeatedly, which didn't go amiss with Fred. He took your hand and squeezed it several times, as a way of reassuring you. You had done since you met in your first year at Hogwarts.

"He'll be fine, love... The locket." He said gesturing to the golden locket in the form of a lion hanging gracefully from your neck.

"What, the one Ginny got me?" You looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Don't look at me like that! Kiss the locket." You raised a concerned eyebrow at him and he smirked knowingly. "Seriously, do it!"

You quickly pecked the glistening charm and a throbbing sensation quickly pulsated through your veins. Instantly knowing what it was, you smiled genuinely. "Is that..."

"His heartbeat... So whenever you feel like you need reassurance, just kiss the charm and you'll feel his heartbeat." He rubbed his thumb in circles on your coarse palm. It was surprisingly therapeutic. You nodded and thought about all the memories you could make with your little chick. That led you to think about all the things that Fred would let said chick get away with and you cringed profusely. Oh

.
.
.

How long ago were you diagnosed with this cancer?"

"6 months ago ma'am, when I was brought in for non-stop heart palpitations and they did an EKG and a chest CT. The CT showed a large, cancerous mass. I haven't done chemotherapy but I did take medication made to shrink such masses..." Fred interlocked your fingers and you placed a reassuring hand on his thigh.  

"Wow, er— considering how big the mass was and that they only found it a few months ago, there is very little chance that it well have shrunken, but it's your money wasted. If you'll follow me,I'll take you for an ultrasound. Don't want any radiation to cause any damage to your little man, now do we?"
"How did you know?"
"I was a paediatric  resident for a few years before I came here. I can tell by the way he's situated, boys tend to make themselves  at home."
"Don't I know it..." The doctor chuckled and led you into a room, where you were scanned.
"I can't believe it! The mass, it doesn't have any more cancerous particles! It's completely benign, that medication must have really worked...!" You sighed and Fred kissed your forehead. "I do wanna continue on with the check ups just in case, though..." The doctor smiled kindly at you. You jumped from your seat and hugged her, Fred chuckling as you did so. "Thank you so much!" Fred shook the woman's hand and you went home happy.

You were ready for parenthood.

.
.
.

A/N: I hope you like this! The next part will be about you bringing the baby home and you telling Fred what you wanna name him.

Sorry this note is so short, Idk what to say honestly- F