Alternate 'Maybe' Ending

[For all my pan, bi, lesbian etc readers. Enjoy!]

...

Fred and me hadn't talked. I didn't want to talk to him. I was happy. I had a boyfriend, and a life and more friends than I would have ever thought possible when I first stepped foot in the castle. But a part of me, some sick twisted part of me, still wanted to forgive him. I wanted to talk to him again, and just have a normal conversation with him, but I didn't think that it was possible to just be friends either a person like Fred Weasley. And I didn't think it was possible to forgive him for all of the awful, horrible, tragic things he had to say about me, but I had to try.

I was a good person.

Some might even say I was too good of a person, but I missed being friends with him.

It seemed like the feelings vanished the second Fred showed his true colours, and I finally let in all the people I had blocked out for Fred. I was done holding onto a tiny sliver of hope that maybe one day, Fred could like me too. I was done loving him, but he didn't mean anything less to me platonically. I had bounced from person to person, and yet I always came back to one.

I feel like as you read this, you're expecting the name Oliver wood to pop up on your screen, but when I finally stopped holding on to Fred, I discovered myself.

I had always been attracted to women in a sense, but I thought I could never possibly love one romantically because I liked Fred.

And he was a man.

But, in muggle studies, we were learning about sexual orientation, and this wasn't commonly explored or known in the wizarding word, so it was new to us all. I realised, in studying the different parts of the LGBTQIAP+ community, there was one I related to most.

[Your Sexuality]

And the one person I seemed to fall for, the one person that helped me through the worst times of the past month or so, was Luna Lovegood,

She was a strange soul — different, but she was kind and oh so beautiful the more I got to know her.

We'd been together for a little over a month now, and everyday I fell for her more. She encouraged me talking to Fred, and that was how I ended up sitting in Fred's dorm, waiting for him to finish his tea.

"Fred. Im not here to confess my love for you. I'm not here to propose, and I'm not here to be exactly the same as we were before. I'm here because I miss our friendship, and I miss how we used to be. So I wanted you to be the first person I tell in school."

Fred looked slightly taken aback at my words as his eyes widened. "Yeah, of course, anything."

"I'm [Your sexuality] and I have a girlfriend."

"Wow. Er, congrats. I'm really proud of you, and I want you to know I support you. I'm glad you told me."

You sighed in content. "Me too. But, er, I have a date, so best be off."

"Have fun! If she hurts you make sure she knows I'll kill her!"

"I'll make sure to remind her!"

As you left his dorm, a massive smile crept onto his face, and as you felt Luna's arms wrap securely around you, you had never felt happier than you were just then. You didn't know how much you'd missed being Fred's friend until you had that conversation with hi , and you were glad you had.