Bundle of joy #2

We were sat at dinner... and I was depressed to say the least. Usually I wouldn't care if Fred got a pretty new girlfriend, yet I couldn't help but miss him. To make matters worse, he asked if we could be friends! I said no, but I was beginning to regret it.

"Why does him having a new girlfriend affect you so much?"
"It's nothing, George."
"Just tell me."
"Leave it, George."
"Tell me!" He started slamming his fist on the table. "Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me."
"Because I'm pregnant you jack-ass!" I stood up, walking out angrily. I didn't expect to lose my temper so quickly, but he was really getting on my nerves. George followed me and caught up with me as I lost my breath.
"Y/N!" I stopped to let him catch up fully. "Are you serious?"
"Well I'm not gonna lie about it am I George?"
"When did you find out?"
"Four weeks ago, I was gonna tell him on our anniversary but —"
"He missed it."
"Yeah."
"He should know."
"I know... but he's happy with her George."
"I happen to know he's not."
"Really?"
"He misses you Y/N."
"Sure he does."
"I'm serious!"
"Look, George, I have an appointment at St. Mungos, I'll speak to him later."
"Okay, good luck!"
"Thank you!" I yelled as I walked off. I was going to find out if it was a boy or a girl today and to say I was anxious would be an understatement.

George's PoV:

He got her pregnant?! Jesus... I walked back into the hall, clearly distraught. What the fuck..

"You okay mate?" Fred asked as he sat beside me.
"Yeah, yeah I'm good."
"You don't seem it."
"Listen, when Y/N tells you something later, you have to take her feelings into account, okay?"
"Okay then.."
"I'll see you later." I finished off my meal and wandered out of the hall, going straight upstairs to the common room. I tried to read, but let's be honest, that was never gonna work. I sat there day-dreaming for an hour before the portrait swung open. "Hello Y/N."
"Hi George."
"How did it go?"
"Good, I found out what I'm having."
"Boy or girl?"
"I'm doing a party to tell everyone, you can find out then."
"Are you gonna christen it?"
"Yeah... hey Georgie?"
"Yeah?"
"Would you be their godfather?"
"Of course! But... do you not think Fred would have a problem with it?"
"It's not his choice."
"Okay. Night Y/N."
"Night George."

Y/N's POV:

I waited for hours for Fred to come back up, but he didn't until later on when George and Alicia (his shiny new girlfriend) had both went to bed.

"Y/N... hi."
"Hi.." I rubbed my shoulder awkwardly. "Listen, we should talk."
"Yeah... sure. I actually have something to say too."
"You first."
"I got you something... for our anniversary."
"Really?"
"Yeah... here." He handed me a long box, which had a golden ribbon wrapped around a burgundy velvet box. I untangled the ribbon, lifting the lid to reveal a beautiful necklace.

 I untangled the ribbon, lifting the lid to reveal a beautiful necklace

"Oh my god! Fred... this is beautiful! But..." I placed the necklace back into its box gently. "Why didn't you give it to Alicia?"
"I broke it off with her... I think I was just compensating for you breaking up with me. What did you need to say?" He sat beside me on the couch, shuffling a bit closer.
"Do you want kids Fred?"
"Yeah! I always have, why do you ask?"
"Good.. that's good. Erm —"
"You can tell me, Y'know?"
"I'm pregnant Fred."
"What?!" He jumped up off the couch.
"I know you have a life Fred... and I know you might not want a baby right now, but I thought you should know." I stood up to leave, but he grabbed my wrist and turned me to face him.
"You're right, okay, under normal circumstances I would never want a child." I pulled my wrist away and he cupped my cheeks. "But these aren't normal circumstances, Y/N, and if I wanted a life with anyone it would be with you."
"R-Really?"
"Yes." He laughed slightly. "I love you, okay?"
"I love you too." He kissed my lips gently, pulling away after a couple seconds.
"Now, when will I meet them?"
"Him."
"Huh?"
"It's a boy."
"When will I meet him?"
"In December. Winter baby."
"That's so cute!"
"I'm gonna say you had a good birthday then, Fred?"
"George! I told you that it'd be a surprise!"
"I hate surprises."
"I know."

Six months later:

Life was good, but stressful. Boston was a handful, but I loved him nonetheless. I was in transfiguration, which Fred was late to as usual, and Boston wouldn't stop crying. I think McGonnogall could see that I was stressed, because she gave me a shorter essay than the rest of the class.

"Miss L/N, why don't you give baby to his uncle and go freshen up." She said, motioning over to George who was messing about with Lee.
"It's okay, really."
"I insist. Mr Weasley!" George's head popped up. "Take Boston from miss L/N for a moment please." He nodded and I took Boston out of his car seat, cradling him as I walked over to George. He took him from me, nodding as he did so.
"Don't drop him."
"I won't!"
"Angelina, make sure he's careful please."
"Will do, now go! You need a break."
"I'll be five minutes! His bottles are in the bag under my desk."
"Just go!" He rushed me, using his wand to open the double doors. I walked out and over to the girls bathrooms, wanting to wash my face.

Fred's PoV:

I walked through the doors of McGonnogall's classroom, looking hopefully over to Y/N's seat, but she wasn't there. I took my seat next to George, who was cradling a small child in his arms — Boston.

"Where's Y/N gone?"
"She was exhausted, Minnie sent her out to freshen up or whatever."
"Ah." I hummed, taking out my parchment and quill. Boston carried on crying. I would have taken him from George, but I didn't really trust myself as a dad.
"You should take him."
"I'm good."
"Seriously, Fred. He's an eight week old baby, what harm can he actually do?"
"I'm more scared of what harm I'll do to him!"
"You're his dad, you'll have to hold him sometime." I sighed in defeat and took the whining figure from my brothers arms. He stopped immediately after I took him, which was strange.
"Look, George, he smiled!" I said poking at his chin.
"See, you're perfectly fine. You're a good dad, Fred."
"You think?"
"I know."

Y/N's PoV:

The last thing I would have expected when walking through those doors was to see Fred playing with Boston. He had a strange fear of dropping him, strange but understandable. He loved him, and admired him, but only from afar. He's only ever fed him his bottle once! I smiled as I saw it — he was a really good dad. Like a really really good dad. I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around, grinning as wide as is humanly possible.

"I was just —"
"You don't have to tell me what you were doing, Fred, he's your son too."
"Here." He handed me him back, giving me a quick peck on the cheek as he did.

I wish I could say potions went the same. Snape tried to kick Boston out, but since I'm in Gryffindor, the rules clearly state he can't. He was a twat throughout the whole lesson, making snide comments about a Boston for no apparent reason.

"Next time, L/N, don't bring that thing into my classroom."
"That thing?" I snorted. "That thing is my son!" I looked over at Fred, who's fists were going white as he clenched them against the quill. "Although I wouldn't expect you to know how it feels to love somebody who isn't dead." Fred let out a loud chortle from behind me, followed by cheers from the rest of the class.
"Detention after school, Y/N."
"No."
"Excuse me?"
"I'll come to detention when you come to the headmaster's office with me and explain all of the awful comments you made about my two month old son." He stayed silent. "No?" I packed away my stuff and picked up Boston's car seat. "I didn't think so." I nodded at Fred, who followed me out of the classroom — George and Angelina close behind.
"Erm, amazing!"
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Fred I need you to go into hogsmeade and pick me some pads up."
"That explains the attitude." Angelina commented, catching up alongside Fred and I. "Do you miss being pregnant?"
"Not really, but I definitely did not miss my period."