Chp 8: Break

Stiles woke to the sound of whimpering and crying.

Opening his eyes he quickly looks around, only freezing when his eyes land on Derek who thrashes about.

“mom...Dad...,” Derek whimpers. 

Reaching out, Stiles gently lays his hand on Derek’s arm.

“Derek, wake up,” Stiles whispers.

In an instant, Derek’s eyes open with their red glow and he rises off the bed, floating a few inches above Stiles.

Stiles frowns as he hears Derek’s harsh breaths.

“Der,” he murmurs.

The Kryptonian glances down at him, still panting but the red glow vanishes from his eyes.

“Der, you had a nightmare,”

The flying man is silent for a moment before slowly descending to sit on the bed.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Stiles questions after a moment of silence.

“It was of my parents...when my planet was destroyed,”

Stiles nods silently.

“I know that I was just a baby when it happened but every now and then I get...visions,”

“Just because you were a baby doesn’t mean it didn't create an impression,” Stiles insists.

Derek nods solemnly before cocking his head as if hearing something that Stiles could not.

“I have to go, someone needs my help,”

Stiles nods and watches as Derek leaps from the bed, quickly getting dressed into his costume before taking off into the sky.

Letting out a sigh Stiles rises from the bed and moves to get dressed.