Chp 14: Dealing

The sound of a wood splintering tore through the room.

Gerard Argent stood glaring at the lead scientist. 

“What do I even pay you for?” he growled.

“Sir, Superman destroyed two buildings and many were injured from it,”

“But he was stopped because Kryptonite apparently counteracts your serum. A flaw that you should have thought of and nullified,”

“I'm sorry, I can fix this...I'll make a new serum..one that no one will be able to counteract,”

Gerard holds his gaze for a moment before nodding once.

“For your sake Doctor...I hope you do,”

He watched as the scientist left the room before turning to his daughter who stood off to the side with a smile on her face.

“What do we do about the Sheriffs’s son?” she questions.

Gerard says nothing for a moment before narrowing his eyes.

“We take him off the board, by any means necessary,”

“You want us to kill him?” Chris exclaims.

“If it comes down to it I expect you to destroy the entire town,” Gerard growls.

He turns away from his children and looks out the window. 

-

--

Stiles enters the precinct and heads immediately for the holding cells. Finding Derek in the last one, sitting on the cot. His caped is wrapped around him like a blanket and when he looks up at Stiles, the human sees genuine fear in his eyes.

Moving to stand in front of the bars of the cell, Stiles frowns at the Kryptonian.

“How are you feeling?”