Chp 11: Mind, Body, and Soul

Derek doesn’t come out of their bedroom for a week. It worries Stiles but he can understand that he will need his space.

Finally, there comes a day when Derek comes out of the room and sits next to him on the couch.

“I was thinking of going to visit ma,” Stiles turns to him and arches a brow.

“And I was wondering if you would want to come with me,”

Stiles says nothing for a moment before nodding. 

“I'm sorry for being distant I just…”

Stiles shakes his head as he reaches out to place his hand on Derek’s shoulder.

“I understand Derek, I just don't like seeing you in pain like that,”

Derek nods.

Stiles hums as Derek pulls him in for a kiss. 

Once they part, he brushes his hand against Derek’s cheek, smiling as the Kryptonian leans into the touch.

“So when are we leaving for your mom’s?”

“Tomorrow,” Derek answers.

Stiles says nothing as Derek turns to stare at his hands.

“I love you,” Stiles offers.

“I love you too,” Derek replies.

“Just because of what happened doesn’t make you any less of Superman,”

Derek nods because deep down he knows that...it just doesn’t make the fact that someone died on his watch hurt any less
---

That night Derek asks Stiles for a scene, and when his dom asks what he wants to do he offers that he willing to go with whatever Stiles has in mind.

“That's a dangerous answer baby,” Stiles says with a smile.