Newt's World

Newt sat at his desk drawing out some sketches of Pickett and the Nifflers. He looked up at the photograph framed up on the wall. In it, Tina smiled brightly with a twinkle in her eye. Newt wanted to see her again, but he had to work with the creatures and some of them were so sick, they couldn't travel in his case.

He knew he could trust Bunty to take care of them, but some of them needed his attention. That was when an owl dropped a letter on his desk and flew away. Newt picked it up and turned it over. He smiled at Tina's unmistakable handwriting that spelled out his name on the letter;

'Newt,

It's been a while since the events in Paris. I've been promoted to Assistant to the Head. It's not much, but it's a promotion. I wrote to let you know that I'm taking a trip to England. And it's not to "celebrate" my "promotion". I've had this trip planned for a while now.

It'll be nice to see you again, Newt. I've missed you a lot and it's been quite lonely here without Queenie. Sure, I've had Jacob to keep me company, but we can't exactly be friends here, so it'll be nice to have a friendly conversation with another wizard.

I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶

Tina'

Newt read the letter again; his eyes always going back to the crossed out 'I love you'.

*   *   *

Newt waited patiently at the docks on the day Tina would arrive and smiled when the boat docked. He stood waiting for Tina when he saw her in the crowd. Her hair had grown out to the point where it touched her shoulders, but Newt didn't mind.

She was still Tina.

She was still his whole world.