Joseph Alexander

Newt and Tina followed their son, Joseph Alexander, close behind with their daughter, Evelyn Scarlett, skipping at their sides. Joseph slowed to a stop when the platform wall came into view. Newt nodded off to Tina to take Evelyn onto the platform and meet up with Theseus and his family. He stood next to his son and looked down at him.

Joseph looked up at his father "Dad? Are you sure it'll be fine?"

Newt knelt down to be eye level with Joseph "Joey. I promise everything will be fine. If anything isn't fine, you'll stop receiving letters every morning."

He ruffled Joseph's chestnut brown hair to make him smile. Newt stood up and clasped his hands on either side of Joseph's and, together, the two ran at the wall. When they appeared on the platform, Tina and Evelyn stood waiting. Newt wrapped one arm around his wife and followed their son down the platform as he admired the great scarlet engine. Evelyn joined them and aggressively grabbed at Newt's hand until he gave it to her to hold.

They found Theseus, his wife, Emma, and their son, Samuel, standing together on the platform. Theseus greeted them with a smile and gave Newt a hug. He looked at Joseph "So, Joseph, you ready for your first year at Hogwarts?"

Joseph looked at him and said, a tone of slight hesitance in his voice "Yeah, I'd say I am."

They heard the whistle on the train blow and Joseph dumped his things on a pile of luggage before he turned to his parents "See you over the holidays. I love you."

Tina held the back of her son's head and kissed the top of it "We love you, too, Joey."

Evelyn tugged on Joseph's shirt and wrapped her arms around him "I'll miss you, Joey."

Joseph hugged his sister back "I'll miss you, too, Evie." he looked at his little sister and withdrew a piece of string from his pocket with a piece of carved Acadia wood. He handed it off to his little sister "Think of this as an early birthday present."

The little girl took it from his hands and gave her brother one last hug; almost making him choke on a mouthful of her auburn curls. Then, Joseph hopped on the train and waved goodbye to his family; a huge smile on his face.

Evelyn skipped in circles, waving goodbye to train until it was completely out of sight.

When Evelyn was still out of ear shot, Tina looked up at her husband "Do you think he'll be okay, Newt?"

Newt let out a small sigh "Honestly, I have no idea. But, I hope he will be."

Evelyn walked back to them with a look that she wore way too often. She was bored and wanted to go back home. She grasped Tina's hand and they walked out of the station together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joseph walked down the corridor of the train looking for a place to sit. He found a compartment that he slipped into. Looking out the window, he watched the scenery roll past him when he heard the door slide open.

When he looked up, he saw a boy with electric red hair and light brown eyes staring at him from behind a pair of black-rimmed glasses "Hi. May I sit here?"

Joseph smiled and gestured to the seat across from him. The boy smiled back and sat down. Holding out his hand, he said "Charles Jetson. Metamorphmagus. Second-class wizarding family."

Joseph laughed a little be and shook Charles' hand "Joseph Scamander. You can call me Joey. Do you always introduce yourself like that? And are you really a Metamorphmagus?"

Charles smiled even wider and dropped his hand "Yes and yes. Pleasure to meet you, Joey. You can call me Charlie. So, you're a Scamander, huh? I saw you on the platform. Was that your little sister?"

Joseph nodded "Yeah. That was Evelyn."

Charles looked out the window "I wish my sisters loved me like you love yours."

Joseph looked at him "I'm sure they do, Charlie."

Charles looked at his feet and sighed "Yeah, you're right. But, if you are, they put on a hell of a show hiding it."

Joseph laughed and stared out the window again. The two boys sat in silence for the rest of the trip.