Wealthy AU

He stood in his quarters, nervous. She was arriving soon. It was the first approved courtship of wealth and poor, and Newt was ecstatic. He and Tina had spotted each other on the street and had started their romance discreetly. When his brother found out, he thought Theseus would have her sent far away.

But the war hero, the only family Newt had left, allowed them to be together. He didn't further on why when asked by fellow aristocrats, but he always gave Newt a wink whenever asked. When Newt finally plucked up the courage to question why himself, Theseus told him it was because he saw how happy Tina made Newt, and he wanted that genuine happiness for his little brother.

Although Newt hated Theseus actually reminding him of the LITTLE part, Newt was glad his brother wanted him to be happy.

Tina was arriving any minute and Newt wanted to look perfect. He wasn't wearing anything special. He didn't think he needed to. But now that the time had come, Newt started thinking maybe he should've changed. Before he could act on his thoughts, the doors opened, and Tina walked into the room.

She looked around the room with an amazed look on her face. Could she really be in such a grand place? Or was she dreaming like she usually did?

Newt smiled when he saw her. Her beautiful brown hair had grown out since they'd first met. It used to be incredibly short, but after he told her he didn't mind it long after she told him she wouldn't be able to get it cut, she only occasionally cut it. It hung down just below her shoulders and she looked beautiful.

She finally looked at Newt and smiled wide. He was the love of her life, and she knew they'd be happy together forever. Tina dropped her things and leapt at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. She pressed her lips to his.

He leaned into her kiss and for a long time they stayed there. She pulled away, which made him reciprocate with-

"I love you so much, Tina."

Tina smiled wide, "I love you, too, Newt."

They leaned into an embrace. They were finally together, and they would never part- no matter how hard life tried.

~~~

the beginning kind of reminds me of Les Miserables. does it not?