The Body

Y/n pov:

I don't remember much from last night.

It was all like a fever dream, but a nightmare instead.

I can feel the bloodshot puffy part of my eyes.

I was laying down on my bed, looking at the ceiling before a voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Y/n, y/n are you there, over" Lucas's voice rang over her walkie.

I rolled on my side and grabbed my walkie from my night stand, sitting up as I answered my friend. 

"What Lucas"

"Come over to Mike's, we have something on Will supposedly. I already contacted Dustin."

"Fine." She got her backpack to shove her walkie inside, she walked to the garage to grab her bike and pedaled away.

♤♤♤♤♤

"We keep losing signal but you heard it right." Mike said with hope laced in his voice.

"Yeah I heard a baby." Lucas said obviously pissed he was there

"What?" Mike said confused.

"Mike you obviously tapped into a baby moniter, it's probably the Blackburns next door." Lucas said.

"Uh did that sound like a baby to you?" Mike said pissed at him. "That was Will!"

"Mike-" Lucas started but was cut off my Mike. "Lucas you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. Even el heard him!"

"As much as I would love to belive you Mike, we know we all saw Will." I said

Lucas continued to argue, "Oh well if the weirdo heard him then I guess-"

"are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin said cutting Lucas off.

"I don't think it's about that." Mike said "I think somehow she's channeling him."

"Like... like professor X." Dustin realized.

"Yeah." Mike agreed.

"Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas questioned.

"I don't know I mean..." Dustin started.

"Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded almost exactly like that." He said.

"Did you guys not see what I saw?" Lucas said think he's right all the time again.

"They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" He said shouting.

"As much as I hate to say it," I started, "I don't want to hang on to false hope, I think it's just the grief starting to kick in."

"Well, maybe it's his ghost maybe he's haunting us." Dustin said.