The flea and the acrobat

3rd person pov:

"What was Will saying? 'Like home...like home' but dark?" Mike asked

The party was sitting in a circle on the floor, trying to piece together the puzzle, El was laying on the couch.

"And empty." Lucas finished.

"Empty and Cold. Wait, did he say cold?" Dustin asked

"I don't know. The stupid radio kept going in and out." Lucas said.

"It's like riddles in the dark." Dustin said

"Like home. Like his house?" Mike asked

"or maybe like Hawkins" Lucas said pointing a finger.

"Upside down." El said out of breath and tired.

"What'd she say?" Lucas asked.

"Upside down." Y/n said she snapped her fingers and walked over to the table with the playing board.

The rest of the arty gathered around the table.

"Upide down. When El showed us where Will was, she flipped the board over. Upside down." Y/n flipped the board over as an example.

She pointed to the board. "Dark, empty."
"Do you understand what she's talking about?" Lucas said looking to Dustin and Mike.

"No." Dustin answered while Mike shrugged his shoulders.

"Guys, come on think. When El took us to find Will she took us to his house."

"Right and he wasn't there." Lucas said with sarcasm.

"But what if he was there? What if we just couldn't see him? What if he was on the other side? What if this is Hawkins..." She flipped the board over revealing the front. "...and this is where Will is? The upside down."

"Like the vale of shadows." Mike and Dustin said in sync.

She snapped her fingers and pointed, "Exactly."

Mike brought a box over and rummaged through it.

Dustin was lost in his thoughts, she's incredible. Wait what?

He shook away the thoughts, why was he having those?

Mike brought over a book opened it to reveal a dungeons and dragons manual.

Dustin flipped a couple pages and pointed. "The Vale of Shadows, is a dimension that is a dark reflection or echo of our world. It is a place of decay and death. A plane out of phase. A place of monsters. It is right next to you and you don't even see it."

"An alternate dimension." Mike finished.

"But how do we get there?" Lucas asked.

"You cast a shadow walk." Y/n said.

"In real life dummy." Lucas said.

"We can't shadow walk, but... maybe she can." Y/n said nodding over to El laying on the couch.

"Do you know how we get there? To the upside down?" Mike asked.

El slowly shook her head.

"Oh my god." Lucas said

"I'd like to see you try to contact Will with a radio and make it burst in flames with your mind ass face." Y/n said to Lucas.

♤♤♤♤♤

They stood there as they heard the priest talk.

Dustin hit Lucas and y/n with his elbow and nodded over to Jennifer sniffling with her eyes red.