The Monster and the Superhero

You opened the door and startled Eddie, "Jesus!" He yelled as he held up the broken beer bottle.

Dustin held up grocery bags, "delivery service."

♤♤♤♤♤

While Eddie was stuffing his face Dustin decided that was the time to tell him the news.

"So we got some good news and some bad news." Dustin said, "how do you prefer it?"

Eddie spoke with his mouth full, "bad news first, always."

Dustin sighed, "Alright bad news. Y/n tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitly looking for you. Also, they're uh, pretty convinced you killed Crissy."

"Like 100% convinced." Max said.

Eddie sighed, "and the good news."

"Your name hasn't gone public yet." You said, "but if we found out about you it's still a matter of time before other do too."

Robin interjected, "and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow minded mothers gonna be gunning for you."

Eddie looked out onto the lake, "Hunt the freak right?"

"Exactly." You confirmed.

"So before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him and prove your innocence." Dustin said.

Eddie looked at Dustin, "that's all Dustin, that's all?"

Dustin's voice went high then dropped back down again, "Yeah, that's pretty much it."

Robin spoke up, "Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin's saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kinda thing before. I mean, they have a few times, and, and I have once. Mine was more human flesh based theirs was more smoke related, but bottom line is collectively, I really feel we got this."

Steve agreed, "yeah, see, we usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But uh, those went bye bye, so..."

"We're technically in more of a..." Robin trailed off.

"Brainstorming phase." Max said as the others agreed.

"There's nothing to worry about." You said.

Steve scoffed and Eddie gave you a look as sirens wailed in the background.

"Shit." You said.

"Tarp." Robin pointed out.

Eddie covered himself in the tarp as the rest of you went to the window to check what was going on.

♤♤♤♤♤

Steve parked his car behind a police crusier and you all got out to see Nancy talking to a police officer.

She ignored the police cheif that was talking to her and stuck up jer hand as a kind of wave, you waved back.

♤♤♤♤♤

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside down?" Nancy asked.

You were sitting at a picnic table between Dustin and Steve, updating Nancy on everything that's going on.