The Flayed

Everyone in the elevator was screaming except for Dustin and y/n.

The elevator dropped further and further and panic was rising just as quick.

"We're going down!" Steve yelled.

Y/n raised her head and yelled back, "Oh really, I thought we were going up!"

Dustin let go of y/n, his hand still clutching theirs, and started to press the buttons rapidly.

"Why won't these buttons work!" Dustin screamed in frustration.

Erica ran over and pressed the buttons as well.

"Press the button!" She yelled.

"What do you think I'm doing?!" Dustin yelled back.

The elevator suddenly came to a stop and everyone fell, Dustin, still clutching y/ns hand, took y/n with him.

Dustin landed on his back, while he pulled y/n on top of him, who caught themself, before they landed on Dustin's chest.

A box landed on Steve broke the electric air in the split second they had locking their eyes with each other.

"Oh my groin. The box landed on my groin." Steve groaned.

Y/n rolled to the side and sat up, lending Dustin a hand to help him.

"Y/n! Get this off me!" Steve yelled as y/n picked up the box that had landed on Steve and set it on the table.

"Is everyone ok?" Robin asked.

"Yeah, I'm great now that I know Russians can't design elevators!" Steve  yelled, pushing Dustin to the side to try and work the button panel.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work." Robin said.

"They're buttons they have to do something." Steve said.

"Yeah, like send us down at a thousand miles per hour?!" Y/n yelled at Steve. "Those also don't work if we don't have a keycard."

"A what?" Steve asked.

"It's an electronic lock. Same as the dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning-" Robin said but Dustin interrupted her, "We're stuck in here."

"Great." Y/n said.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomarrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hint you down, one by one, and slit your throat." Erica said gesturing her hands with every word.

"I don't care about Tina! Or Uncle Jack's party! Your moms not gonna find us if We're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve said hitting the box infront of him.

"Hey. What if we climbed out?" Y/n said pointing to the vent on top of the elevator.

♤♤♤♤♤

They finally got the vent door open and Dustin climbed out followed by Steve, then y/n.

The three looked up to see hundreds of feet upwards.

"What did you say about climbing?" Steve asked.

♤♤♤♤♤

The three sat ontop of the elevator. Y/n's head in Dustin's lap as he spoke into his walkie talkie. "Code red, I repet this is a code red. Does anyone copy? This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. Does anyone copy? We are innocent children and we are trapped under Starcourt Mall. The red army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will torture and kill us."