prologue.

Third Person POV:

Lombardy, Italy

"Mamma's home! Mamma's home!"

"Come back here Koda!"

Arabella Di Genova exited her car and ran her fingers through her hair, trying to tame her messy locks that showed a stressful work day. She sighed, still thinking about the two warehouses that were broken into. She was beyond pissed and spent all day trying to locate her crates of missing weapons. She wanted to know who had the balls to steal from her, and rest assured she would find out eventually.

Being Donna of the Italian Mafia took its toll on her daily, but watching her daughter fly down the front steps of their home followed by her big brothers chasing after her, brought a smile to her face.

She crouched down and opened her arms wide as little six-year-old Dakoda came barrelling into her.

"Hi my little Reeses pieces, I missed you." She said softly, picking Dakoda off the ground.

Dakoda giggled at her mom's nickname for her.

"I missed you too mama!" She cheered happily.

Arabella put Dakoda on her hip and faced her boys who looked out of breath. She smiled as she watched her sons give Dakoda a stern look.

"Koda you can't run out of the house like that!" Her oldest son, Alexander, reprimanded.

"Yeah! You're supposed to ask one of us to come with you." Gavino, the second oldest, sternly stated, following after his brother.

"I was safe! The gates are closed, I waited until mama's car came to a stop and I knew you guys were right behind me!" Dakoda huffed.

"Still not okay smartypants." Alex replied, shaking his head at his smart baby sister.

Dakoda looked down shamefully. She knew what she did was wrong but she thought she was safe and was just so excited to see her mom. Now because of her actions her brothers were mad at her.

"I'm sorry." She stated sadly, still looking at the ground.

"Don't be sad Koda! Just don't do it again." The third oldest, Maximus, said with a smile.

"Yeah, let's go inside and show mom what we made her." The youngest brother, Rocco, stated while kissing his mom on the cheek and taking Dakoda from her arms.

Arabella wore a proud look on her face. She watched as her youngest sons, only twelve and fourteen, led their now once again happy little sister inside. She turned to her older boys and pulled them into a hug.

"I am so proud of all of you. I love my babies so much." She whispered in their ears.

"Mommmm." They groaned.

"We're literally seventeen and eighteen years old, the very definition of grown." Gavino replied while puffing out his chest.

"Ah-huh, sure baby sure." Arabella looked at him amusedly while starting to walk inside. She ignored the protests coming from her son and sighed in content. In just a few minutes of hanging out with her kids, she already felt better.

"Mom come look at our cookies!" Dakoda yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm coming baby, I'm coming." She laughed.

_

"Get off me you fatass!"

"That's my seat!"

"I don't see your name on it!"

Dakoda watched as Max and Rocco wrestled on the floor. She was used to the constant bickering that always seemed to follow the younger two brothers around but she feared for their safety. Their fighting was always very violent and competitive which always seemed to lead to one of them getting hurt. It didn't bother them but it hurt Koda when she saw any one of her brothers in pain.