chapter eighteen.

Third Person POV:

American Empire was a sight to see.

The fortress was simply breathtaking. Anyone who was fortunate enough to take even a single glance at the establishment would agree that all the curiosity, all the interest, and all the exploratory drive regarding the mystery that was A.E was well justified. A surge of respect flowed through the Di Genova's. Keeping a place this concealed in a country where mass media existed in every corner and practically ran the social scene, was a beyond impressive feat.

A feat that would go unnoticed until the American Mafia decided to open A.E to the public, which was not going to happen any time soon.

The sheer size of the club was the most defining factor. It was almost overwhelming to take in. Even though it was right to assume that the building had to have stories that ran deep underground, only two floors were visible upon entrance. The main floor of the club and the VIP glass floor that circled above looking down at all the bustling activity. On the left laid a huge, well-stocked bar that seemed to stretch deep into the establishment. Bartenders and servers were moving fast as they served drinks as quickly as they could produce them. The right side of the club was practically a casino. Poker, blackjack, and roulette tables were surrounded by crowds passionately gambling away. Onlookers watched and cheered on their friends as friendly competitions in billiards commenced on the other side of the casino scene. The whole place was absolutely intoxicating. The electrifying atmosphere seemed to have a tight hold on every single person in the club.

A.E was basically a secret clubhouse for members of the American Mafia.

American Mafia members packed together in the hundreds as they encompassed every inch of the place. The music was practically vibrating off the walls as bodies swayed to the beat in the dead center of the club. No one could even see the dance floor as the soft glow of lights rained down on the electric bodies buzzing with excitement and content. The club had an aura of togetherness, every individual standing in the club had some sort of association with one another. They were all members of an empire that reigned supreme not only over the mafia world but the business world as well. There was unity and trust between them. This was one of the defining reasons the American Mafia was so secure, its members were fiercely loyal to one another and to their leaders. Secrets are well kept when the people keeping them are protecting something they care about.

The Di Genova's were being escorted up the glass staircase that led to the VIP section of the club. The four brothers were moving their feet but not actually acknowledging where they were going. For a first time visitor, American Empire was rightfully overwhelming. There was simply too much to see and too much to comprehend.

"Your private section sirs."

The brothers snapped out of their stupor as the hostess that was leading them through the club pointed to a private lounge. The lounge was just as beautiful as the club it resided in. There were black velvet couches positioned behind glass railings that overlooked the whole club scene. A table sat in the middle of the couches with cocktail and drink menus. The small private space was luxurious and trendy all while being the perfect viewpoint of all the activity down below.

"Someone will be with you shortly." The hostess gave them a kind smile as she walked away.

The Di Genova's hesitantly sat down. There were a few moments of silence before Rocco spoke up.

"First of all, holy shit."

Max let out a short breath, silently agreeing with Gavino's statement.

"Second of all, we're now in A.E, what the hell are we supposed to do now?"