chapter forty three.

Third Person POV:

BREAKING NEWS: FRANCE DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY AFTER TERRORIST ATTACKS BURN INFAMOUS IMPORT LANE

Less than fifteen hours ago, France declared an official state of emergency after two unknown fighter jets entered French airspace and launched over a dozen missiles, killing over six thousand French citizens.

At approximately 4am, the French Aerospace Defense Command region was made aware of two unknown F-35 fighter jets, armed with missiles, entering and operating within French airspace. While no aircraft is totally invisible to radar, these two concealed stealth jets successfully avoided military detection long enough for them to enter, bomb and then exit French soil in less than fifteen minutes.

French officials deployed their full military power in response to the national threat but by the time French forces were in the air, the jets and the bombers within, were long gone.

The bombing at Import Lane is simply the latest in a disturbing series of murders, attacks, and assaults that have taken place across France and which have killed and injured an estimated seven-thousand French citizens.

Many officials and terrified citizens have speculated the mass killings as a result of a mafia war that the influential organized crime structure known as the French Mafia, has seemingly initiated.

The notorious French Mafia is known to authorities as an empire committed to drug and sex trafficking, extortion, contract murder, and money laundering. Like other criminal organizations, the French Mafia pollutes economies by investing the proceeds of their criminal activities into legitimate funds and businesses - extending their leverage in given sectors.

If the fatal events occurring in France are somehow connected to French Mafia affairs, then it is apparent that an unknown second party is involved. Coincidentally, while the blast scene at Import Lane has been sealed off and is under investigation, it still remains unclear who was behind the deadly attack.

As the state of emergency progressed, members of NATO, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, voiced their support for their member country. Canada, Germany, Italy, Belgium, The United Kingdom, Spain, and the United States were just some of the aligned countries that offered resources and military support. As French authorities continue to investigate, all travel into and out of the devastated country will be forced to halt.

France is now officially in lockdown.

_

Sometimes when you push the limits, the limits push back.

The AEI alliance thought they understood what deploying the Cryptic fighter jets meant for them, for the war that they were trapped in, and for the heirs they thought they had lost. But fighting a once discrete mafia war was one thing; breaching international borders with American aircrafts registered under an eighteen-year-old oligarch's name, was a whole different ballpark.

When you love someone enough, when you are forced to seek justice for their death too early, then for a fraction of time the heart can flood the mind. Self-preservation becomes lost, seamlessly replaced by crippling grief, pangs of sorrow and a hunger for revenge.

In the midst of their devastation, the AEI alliance abandoned international code. They abandoned the rules they swore by in order to reside under law enforcement's radar. Failing to recall that in matters of national security and international peace and relations, there were different players on the gameboard. Players that operated on a separate sector than organized crime but were ultimately well versed with the ramifications nonetheless.