chapter fourteen.

Third Person POV:

"Wake up!"

Pria and Nico were jolted awake by ice cold water raining down on them. When their eyesight focused enough to take in their surroundings, they found that they were tied to chairs in an empty run-down room. Anastasia was tied beside them, looking at them with a face full of sympathy and guilt. She could see the blood running down the sides of their heads and she couldn't help but feel responsible. After all, they were only in this situation because they tried to save her.

"Was that necessary asshole?" Pria gritted out, now soaking wet. She glared at the man standing before her. He simply replied by rearing back his fist and striking her hard on the side of her face. Pria's head snapped to the side as her mouth filled with blood. She slowly faced him again and gave him a taunting smile.

"You punch like a bitch."

The man shook with rage as he lifted his fist once more.

"Don't touch her you useless fuck." Nico spit out.

The man dropped his fist and sneered at Nico. He moved away from Pria and made a beeline towards Nico. Before he could inflict any more damage the door flung open. Two more men entered the room.

"Leave them be, the boss wants to handle them." One of the men stated.

The man standing before Nico hesitantly nodded. When the two men at the door turned to leave, the man spun around and punched Nico in the stomach. As Nico grunted in pain and tried to catch his breath, the man smirked victoriously and exited out of the room.

After the door closed there was about thirty seconds of silence before Pria started laughing. Nico looked over at her with an amused expression and Anastasia stared at the both of them in shock.

"You're laughing?" Anastasia questioned incredulously.

"I'm sorry, it's just a little funny." Pria replied, sobering up a little.

"What's funny?" Anastasia exclaimed. She was now questioning the sanity of the two teenagers sitting beside her.

Pria and Nico looked at one another. How could they explain that they were laughing because the same guy that just smirked at them, thinking that he won, was probably going to be dead within a matter of minutes. How could they explain that they could feel the trackers behind their ears buzzing, which indicated that help was here. How could they explain that the very help was their best-friend/boss/future donna who also just happens to be the hidden billionaire tycoon Reese Vanderbilt, who also is technically Anastasia's sister-in-law? The whole thing was just so absurd it was funny.

Of course they couldn't tell Anastasia that so Nico just replied with, "Nothing, nothing's funny."

Ana just stared at the two teens beside her. She was confused as to why they were so calm, they were just sitting there looking bored as if kidnapping was an everyday occurrence for them. While on the other hand, her heart was beating so fast she thought she was going to faint.

"I'm sorry." She croaked.

Pria and Nico looked over at her with furrowed brows. "Why are you apologizing?" Pria asked confusedly.

"It's my fault you guys are in this mess, and it's going to be my fault when they kill you." Anastasia replied, tears running down her cheeks. All she felt was guilt.

"Look, it's not your fault someone tried to kidnap you. Nothing is going to happen to any of us, you're worried for no reason. Just relax, our boss is coming." Nico tried to console her.

"Jonathan's coming?" Ana asked, confused as to how they could possibly know help was on the way.

"No, our other boss."