John Miles

Chapter One

I hate this part of the day, going home. Going home reminds me how alone I am. I enjoy being in school more than just sitting in this empty house watching tv and eating the food that I cooked for myself. My father died when I was still young, too young. My mum, in Paris fashion designing, great income but bad because it is the reason why I only see her once a year, twice at most.
Other teenagers would enjoy this and others would feel very relaxed but not me. I would love to throw a party every night at my house but the last time I did that my neighbor called the police and complained about the noise which made the police have to shut down the party.
Another thing I hate about throwing a party is that at the end of it I would be left alone to clean all the mess up.
So I just stay home and get bored to death. But not tonight, my best friend invited me to her friend's friend's party. I just went home to shower and change to more presentable clothes.

~~~~~

I was putting on my lipstick when I heard my phone ringing. I ran to my bag that was in my bed and grabbed my phone to answer it.
"Yes?"
"It's time to go. I'm right outside your door."
"What? Wait just let me change for a while."
"Well hurry, because I'm gonna start beeping my horn in sixty seconds and won't stop until you get your ass out here."
I ran to my closet and took the things I required on so that I could get out before she starts making my neighbors go nuts.
I ran barefoot while I held my shoes in my hand, didn't take the time to put them on because Jenny already started honking her horns.
"Stop honking already!" I said as I got in her car and she started driving really quickly as she sang along to her loud stereo while I was putting on my shoes.
Arriving at the party I can tell why Jenny was so eager to get here. There were already lots of people. The house was near a lake and had no neighbouring houses. There was no need to worry about making lots of noise and getting drunk. Now this is what I call party.
"Allison!" Reed called. "Glad that you are able to get to my party."
"This is your house?"
"My parent's."
"Nice."
"It is isn't it? Wanna go check out my room?"
"What? No thanks Reed. I'm fine down here." I said as I took his hand off of my shoulder then joined jenny who was dancing in the center of the floor, shouting, but you could barely hear her because of the loud music.
"Allison? Wow, I didn't expect to see you here."
"Jason, Hi."
"Beer?" He offered but I politely said no because I don't drink.
"Come on. Just a sip."
"Please don't."
"Ally. Come with me." Jenny grabbed my hand and dragged me away from Jason through the wild crowd in which got us separated.
"Allison, come on."
"You go ahead, I'll catch up to you." She gave a nod and rushed away deeper into the crowd. I was trying to get outside when Alex grabbed me and carried me upstairs.
"Alex? What are you doing?"
"Taking my girl up."
"Let go of me, now!" I demanded but he just smiled and continued to carry me upstairs into a room then he dropped me on a bed. I stood up and tried to get out but he just pushed me back.
"What don't you like about me?"
"What?"
"I'm tall, goodlooking, rich and I'm great at making love."
"What I don't like about you is your ego." I crawled out the window and he went after me. I stood up looking for a way to get away from Alex but I got real shocked when he grabbed hold of my hand that I slipped, Alex tried to grab me but I fell from the third floor.
I screamed and looking down to what I'm about to fall to. Then I saw a guy standing there looking at me. He catches me easily. He looked into my eyes checking if I was conscious. Assured that I was fine, he laid me down on the soft grass then walked away. Jenny ran to me looking very worried.
"Are you okay?"
"I think so."
"Are you sure? Can you get up?"
"Yes, I'm good."
"Come on... I'm gonna take you home." She grabbed me, helped me up and walked me towards her car then drove me home.
"Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yes, thanks to the guy who caught me."
"Who? Was he hot?"
"I don't remember." I said as I got out of her car. "Drive safe and stop worrying, see you tomorrow."
"Bye."

~~~~~

School. Don't hate it, don't love it either. I like being in school because I like socializing and it keeps me away from being alone at home. But being in school means that I have to be in class, class works and be surrounded by idiots that I have to deal with. Speaking of idiots here comes Anton right now.
"Allison are you okay? I heard what happened."
"I am fine."
"I want to make you feel better. Go out with me, I'll give you an amazing time."
"Not in the mood to be going out today." That's not true, because I don't wanna stay at home but I'd rather not go out with Anton.
"Allison." Alex called out to me. When I saw Reed, Jason and three other guys walking towards Alex. I turned to face Alex when suddenly Anton took a swing at him causing him to drop down on the floor and the guys started kicking him. I jumped in to stop them but Anton grabbed me away.
"Don't try to protect him. He deserves this."
"It's not his fault, it's mine. I was being clumsy." I shouted, telling them to stop but all they did was ignore me. I turned around not wanting to see the violence of Alex coughing blood out. Then I saw a familiar face walking towards me. It was the guy that saved me last night.
He walks past me and started pushing guys away, tackling them away from Alex. He fought well. Even being outnumbered he was easily beating them. Jason and Anton, teaming up hit him a few times, none of which seemed to affect him at all. His punch, on the other hand, seemed to be very damaging, seeing just how they struggled to stay on their feet with every hit.
"Hey! What's going on over there?" a teacher ran towards them and the fight stopped.

~~~~~

I stared out the window, lost in my thoughts till I was disturbed by the vibration of my phone. I grabbed it to see a message that was sent by Jenny.

~His name is John Miles, transferred from richfield high, but that's all there is to find out about him. The rest of him is mystery.~

I looked back to her from the front row and she winked then smiled at me. Class ended and I walked towards her to talk more about John Miles.
"What do you mean mysterious?"
"He doesn't seem to have friends from the school that he came from. No online social accounts."
"And you know all of this because?"
"I have connections." She said, winking again. 'There is something that you won't like."
"What would that be?"
"He's a bad boy?"
"What?"
"Yeah, the baddest. People in his old school seem to fear him and addresses him as a monster."
"Monster? I'd think the opposite from what I've seen."
"What do you reckon? Future boyfriend material?" she teased as I tried to hide my interest with a scoff.
"Boyfriend?" I turn around to see Jason standing there.
"Yes, she has a boyfriend. So tell everyone to stop pursuing her because she is taken." Stated Jenny.
I grabbed her and whispered. "What are you doing?"
And she whispered back. "This is the solution."
And I thought maybe it is. I would finally be free from all their annoying attention.
"What's his name?"
"Why should we tell you?"
"Oh you don't have to, I'll beat the information out of Tim instead."
Tim was one of my close friends. Tim, Jenny and I all grew up together but Tim was always rather odd. I don't spend as much time with him as I do with Jenny because of the difference of interests.
"Tim knows nothing about this?"
"Oh? Then you better tell me now, otherwise I'd be beating Tim for no reason."
"You're such an asshole."
"John Miles." I interrupted their argument.