Love or Destiny

Chapter Twelve

Third person POV

"Call your men back for I have found the princess. She found her way into John Miles's house," I told her.
"What is she doing there?"
"The real reason why she got out was because she was in search for true love, which happens to be John Miles. They're mates."
"That is perfect."
"Nothing is ever perfect," I gave her my evil smirk and her eyes widened in curiosity,
"what do you mean?"
"John does not feel that he is bound to her. Says that he has to turn into a wolf to be able to feel the feeling of undying love for his mate. And it seems that he will not be turning anytime soon."
"Who would dare not want to be the mate of a royalty?"
"Someone who is in love."
"He's in love!?" her eyes got wider. Probably as wide as it could ever get.
"That's not the worse part. The worse part, is that he is in love with a vampire," her eyes widened more and I was proven wrong. She let out a huge growl that gave me goosebumps that I don't usually get.
"My Queen. Please settle down. I have a plan."

~~~~~

Allison's POV

I knocked on his door but he seems to be asleep because he wasn't answering the door. Well it is 2 am in the morning so I doubt he'd be awake.
I turned around to walk back to my room. I heard the creak sound that the door made as it was being opened.
"Allison?" he sounded sleepy but...he's lazy voice sure was sexy.
"Hi.." I greeted awkwardly as I turned to face him with a small smile. I met his eyes. I was looking him in the eye and seeing a person I have never seen before although nothing really changed but maybe it has something to do with...
"Allison?" he called my name and disrupted my thoughts and again the sound of his voice made me want to just...
"Allison." He called my name again and suddenly I was pulled back from my imaginations. Oh my gosh. I have been standing here like some idiot.
"Oh sorry," I was embarrassed and he was forced to smile at my actions. I lowered my head to look at my legs which were twisting out of the nerve that I was feeling. He lowered his stance to get a glimpse of my eyes and I turned my attention to him.
"Why were you knocking at my door?"
"Well, that... I wanted to."
"Wanted to what?"
"I wanted to tell you that... If you like the royal, then it's fine. Feel free to turn into a wolf." I said and now it was him scratching the back of his head.
"I can't feel free to do that because it would make me bound to her and will keep me away from the one that I truly love," he tucked the hair that was covering a part of my face to the back of my ear. I tried to stop myself from blushing but I just couldn't. As soon as I felt myself blush I turned around to not let him see my face turn pink.
"I'm gonna go to bed now," I said as he yawned.
"Goodnight then," and that was it. The sound of his sleepy voice echoed in my ears and I lost control of my lust. I turned to his arms as I kissed him. He lifted me slightly off the ground so that he wouldn't have to slouch. He carried me inside his room. His kiss was amazing, so satisfying to a point that it was almost addicting. I could feel his love and lust through his kisses. He slammed his door shut and carried me further into his room.
His lips made it's way into my neck then down to my chest as he laid me down on his soft bed that had his scent all over it. I stopped him for a while to catch my breath and grab something that was poking my back. It happened to be a remote to the tv. He smiled and I giggled. I threw it to the floor and we continued kissing. I pulled his shirt up, trying to take it out and in the process he rolled over and we fell. I let out a small scream when John feel on the ground with me on top of him then we started laughing.

~~~~~

I was shocked when Jane suddenly came barging in John's room. Well, luckily we were no longer physically making out this time we were just talking as we were eating icecream.
"Jane?" John called out to her looking worried.
"Prince Harv is downstairs and he requests for your appearance," John got up and ran downstairs while Jane and I followed.
"Hello, my friends," he says.
"Prince Harv," says John. Jane, Tristan and Bernard had their heads down, showing respect the same way they did to princess Meryl.
"My sister went home, crying. Going on about her mate rejecting her."
"She is not my mate," stated John.
"Yes, she is and I'll tell you what. You will go to our kingdom with me and accept her."
"Now why would I do that?" John said as he pulled me back when the Prince ran towards him. They collided with each other throwing punches here and there. The fight seemed equal in both strength and speed. They were both experienced fighters and the fight went on until the prince dropped to his knees not being able to get back up. John had one advantage and it was that he had an invulnerable skin. John grabbed the prince preparing to hit him again when I was suddenly grabbed by Jane with her claw in my throat.
Ashley growled angrily but John called her off because if she attacked then Jane would kill me.
"I'm sorry about this," said Jane with a tear falling from her eye. The prince got up and laughed.
"You forget that like your grey hound over there, your friends are loyal to the royal family."
"They are not my friends. I thought they were, but no, they were never my friends," said John as he kneeled down. "You got me. Let her go, I'll go to your kingdom with you."
"No, no, no... I'm not that kind of person who holds a person's love against him. I'm gonna give you a chance," the Prince said with a smug look on his face, "turn."
"What?"
"Turn and I'll let her go. I will no longer force you to go with me to the kingdom," he said as if it was a challenge, "if you turn and you still feel that you love her and not my sister then I will leave you be."
"John!" I called, "I trust you. You can do this."

~~~~~

I gave all that I am to him. I had firm conviction that he would not break my trust. That his love for me is strong enough to break the bond between him and his mate. Or at least that was what I thought.
He turned. He struggled. He howled and let out a huge cry. Seconds after he howled there was another howl. Sounding like a female calling out to him. And at that very moment I knew, it was Meryl. They are now connected. They were bound.
"John?" I called out to him.
His face turned to me but he looked at me like the first time we ever met. He looked at me like a stranger that meant nothing to him. He looked me in the eye but it seemed like he didn't even recognize me.

~~~~~

Tears were falling from my eyes. I tried to speak but no words came out. My heart was aching. I felt so much agonizing pain. Jenny was still holding me by my neck.
John then turned to face Ashley. He irubbed her head as she backed away.
"You are free now. Goodbye Ashley," he said as Ashley ran away towards the woods. Disappearing from our sight, maybe forever. John then turned back to face me.

"Goodbye Allison."