Care

Chapter Four

John got out of the car and I waited, waited for him to open the door for me like a true gentleman but he just waited for me to go out so that he could lock the car door with his car remote.

Just how rude can this guy be?

I walked with him through the hall as people stared and gossiped. I stopped walking to open my locker and John just kept walking.
"Bye." I said to him but he just ignored me and kept walking.
"John can be an ass at times," Jane spoke suddenly, getting me shocked again and she laughed.
"Yes, he can. His better at it than anyone actually."
"But he has a very caring personality that he tries to hide for no reason."
"Actually I know that because I've seen him do some good deeds in the short while that I've known him."
"And she actually even have a crush on him," it was Jenny's turn to shock me.
"Jenny," I widened my eyes at her, "How long have you been there?"
"Long enough to know that you were talking about John Miles," she winked at me then faced Jane and reached her hand out for a handshake, "I'm Jenny."
"I'm Jane and I am late for my class so, bye. See you girls later, oh and Allison, don't worry I won't tell John that you have a crush on him," she teased and then walked away.
"I don't have a crush on him!" I shouted to her as she just waved her hand and kept walking.
"I like her," Jenny bit her lips, I chose to ignore her dirty thought as she turns her attention to me, "I was calling you last night but you didn't answer your phone."
"I don't know where my phone is."
"You should clean your house so that you won't lose your things."
"Actually I lost it in John's house."
"John Miles?" she exclaimed, a little too loudly so i had to cover her mouth, "you bitch. How did it get there?" said Jenny when we were interrupted by a person clearing his throat.
"Here is your phone," John handed my phone to me, "oh, and if you are gonna be staying in my house, please clean your room and do your bed, wait...correction clean my room and do my bed that you're sleeping on princess," John said as Jenny's jaw dropped.
"Why is she staying... Why are you staying in his house?"
"Umm.." I tried to think of how I'm gonna explain this to her when John answered.
"I want her to and she wants to. After all she is my girlfriend," Jenny's jaw drops lower.
"I thought that was just a lie that Allison told."
"It was...till yesterday," John said as he grabbed me to talk to me. "I know that she is your friend but if you ever tell her what you know about us, you risk endangering her life."
"I won't tell anyone, not even her," I said as he nodded and then walked away.
"How am I your friend but I am not updated in your life? This hurts, do you want me to break up with you?"
"Look I wanted to call you to share the happiness that I felt when he kissed me," I lied and rolled my eyes a little. "But with all the romance going on, it kind of slipped my mind." The bell rings and Jenny take my hands on her hands.
"Fine, I'll forgive you but you better tell me all about it later okay," she demanded, "buhbye for now yeah."
"Alright," we parted ways and walked towards our different classes.
I sat in class not paying any attention to the teacher. I was trying to not to think about supernatural beings so instead I just thought about how to explain my fake love story to Jenny. Ugh...I hate lying to my friend.

~~~~~

"I will try not to allow them to ever get to you but if they do, here is something to protect yourself from their compulsion," John said giving me a silver necklace.
"Thanks."
"This is to make my protection program easier to be able to do."
"Protection program?"
"Yes. Unless you finally want me to give you the strength to protect yourself."
"I do not want to be a burden to you, but I'd rather be a burden than be a werewolf." I said as he went silent to what I said. "Not that being a werewolf is bad. It's just that I like being human."
"You need not explain because your opinion or anyone else's, means nothing to me. So just put on the necklace and I'll see you later," he was about to walk away but I pulled him when I saw Jenny walking towards us.
"Hi Allison. I'm ready for that story now."
"John would you mind helping me tell our story?" I hope John can come up with something fast because I suck at telling stories.
"No, you should do it. It's more romantic when you tell it and also, I have things that I have to do," he looked at me irritated for what I tried to get him into. I guess he also hates telling stories.

~~~~~

We sat in the cafeteria as I told her a story that I know she would not like.
"My car broke, he offered me a ride home but instead of taking me straight home he stopped by a cafe. We talked, we laughed, it was great. I thanked him for everything that he had done for me, for saving me when I fell accidentally, for helping me stop Anton and the others from nearly killing Alex and also for giving me a ride. He smiled and his smile got me caught in the moment. Next thing I know we were kissing and I stayed the night in his house. Then we made a choice that since I'm alone at my house and he is alone in his, I would just stay with him." I said as she raised an eyebrow.
"I don't remember you being so easy to get. Oh wait, yeah. No one could ever get you, what happened to that?"
"I'm wasn't easy to get. I just happened to really like him. And like I said I got caught up in the moment."
"I thought you didn't like bad boys."
"He isn't that bad and after all he's an exception because he's not the usual cocky jackass." Big lie, he's definitely not a gentleman. "And because he saved my life." Now at least that's true.

~~~~~

School ended and I made my way to John's car but he wasn't there yet. I stood there waiting when someone from behind me suddenly grabbed me and put his hand on my neck with a tight grip, almost choking me. He was about to run but when he turned around, John was there standing in his way. John then took my hand pulling me towards him but the vampire pulled me back. Tristan ran and stopped at the back of John.
"We have to catch him John so that we can find out what the queen is planning."
"Let go or I'll snap her neck." Said the vampire tightening his grip on my neck.
"The time that will take you to snap her neck is the time that will take me to get to you and be able to rip you apart. So I suggest you just let her go and run."
The vampire hesitated for a bit and then he just let me go and ran. Tristan shape shifted, for the first time I was seeing a Lycan. He had the feature of a wolf but his size was that of a bear. He chased the vampire as my eyes widened, seeing how scary he is in this form, he looks exactly as how Jane described him."
"You could've have caught him you know?"
"Yes, but that would put your life at risk," said as I smirked at him teasingly. "So I do care. So drop the grin and get in the car."
I got in the car and so did he. He turned the engine on and started driving away.
"Do you think Tristan will catch him?"
"Tristan's wolf is too big to move quicker than a vampire, let alone catch the vampire when he had a head start." he then turns his attention to me and asked, "are you okay?"
"Huh? Yeah."
"Next time wait for me before you go outside."
"Okay," I said then didn't say a word after that.
We sat in the car quietly, until we arrived at John's house. He turned the car engine off, took off his seatbelt, got out of the car, closed his door and there I was again, waiting for him to open the door for me and there he was standing outside of the car waiting for me to go out so that he could lock the car.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Rude.

~~~

Third POV

"The queen has ordered that the Feminis send the strongest vampires they have to get lots of vampiris to attack John Miles as the Feminis will grab Allison Branson and bring her here. Succeed and you will be rewarded, fail and you will be punished painfully." Said the queen's most loyal guard and I was called out to be one of the Feminis among with seven others.