Secrets secrets secrets

Chapter Nine

I was walking towards my new room in the new house but came to a stop when I saw John in the Balcony staring up in the sky. I looked through his senses to find out that he was worrying again.
"Hi..." he said as I walked to stand beside him.
"You seem tensed. What's wrong?"
"A lot," he said but I wanted him to be more in detail and open up to me.
"Tell me the worst one."
"This," he said as he pointed to his left chest, "I want to be in control of every situation in my life and it seems to be working out, except for this," he pointed to his chest once again.
"Are you saying that your heart is taking control of your mind?"
"Yes. My heart is causing me to do a lot of things wrong and make decisions that don't make sense."
"You may think it's the wrong way when it is simply a way of your own."
"But what my heart wants is something that I'm not suppose to want."
"What is it that your heart wants?" I asked as he once again shut me out and avoided the question.

What was it?

I sensed that it had something to do with me but he acted as if it had nothing to do with me. He's always leaving me confused.

John Miles' POV

You cannot force love. If it is not there, you have got to be able to admit it. If it is there you have got to do whatever it takes to protect the one you love.
"What is is that your heart wants?"

I wish I could tell you...

"Today, I felt better. There is no explanation or reason why. I just woke up and I wasn't angry at the world anymore," she said changing the topic and I felt relieved.
"But something is different."
"What is? That I am now a vampire?"
"Your smile," her eyes widened, "don't let the world change your smile. It's one of the most extraordinarily beautiful things about you." She stood there and did not move nor blink. I snapped my fingers in front of her eyes and she got back to her senses.
"What's wrong?"
"Is John Miles suddenly saying gentle words with wonderful meanings? Is that still you?" she joked as I smiled unaware that her eyes were still fixed on me, "huh! He smiles...wow."
I stopped smiling and she stopped laughing.
"Don't let the world change your smile," she smiled at me, "you said it yourself, so smile."
"That advice is far too late for me." I said as I walked away but she followed me and hugged me from the back.
"Thank you again, for always being there to rescue and save me from the cruelty of those who mean to harm me. Despite how you are rude and bad-mannered, I can feel how much you truly care."

I wish I could explain to you how I feel. Because every night before I go to bed you are all I think about.

"Tell me..." she let go of me.
"Tell you what?" I turned to face her.
"There's something that you wanna say and I wanna hear it. Stop holding your feelings back and just tell me."
"I am not holding my feelings back," I denied and refuse to tell her the truth.
"Do you hate me? Do you want me to stop being a burden in your life? Well, for what it's worth, I hate myself too," she said and this time it was her walking away and it was me following her then grabbing her. I hugged her from her behind.
"I love everything you hate about yourself."
"What do you mean?"
"This is who you are and you have to live with that. Trying to be someone else is a waste of who you are. Don't try to change who you truly are because this...this is the girl that I fell for."
"John? What are you saying?"
"I never thought I'd like you this much and I never planned to think about you this often. You are special to me and I can't even explain why. All I know is that I am in love with you. I love you Allison Branson." She cried when suddenly I heard her bone crack.
"Ahh!" she exclaimed then let out a huge growl.
Another bone cracked then I could see something, something growing on her back. It was getting bigger and bigger. Her skin thickened and hardened as her body was changing in size, getting larger, her hands had claws and jaws wide with fangs. She turned to a demon.
"John. Get me down," her wings were dragging her up uncontrollably. I grabbed her hand and pulled her down to my arms but her wings kept going and managed to carry me.
"What's happening to me?" I grabbed her wings and stopped them from moving which caused us to drop on the ground.
"Allison. Look at me, you have to calm down." I said as I stared into her eyes.
She took deep breaths and I felt her wings going back in her until they were gone. They hid inside her skin at the back. Her skin softened and her body's temperature dropped but her skin felt so cold against mine.
"John..."
"What is it?"
"My clothes got ripped. I'm gonna need you to turn around with your eyes closed and don't open them until you hear me close my room's door."
"Okay." I said then I let go of her and did as she said. I heard a door close then I opened my eyes to see Jane staring at me.
"John?"
"Hey...uhh," I cleared my throat.
"What was that noise? Was that Allison?"
"Allison turned."
"What?! Where?"
"She fine now, she's in her room," Jane sighed of relief.
"What did she look like?"
"Umm... Scary, nasty, huge. We have to figure out what's the reason of her turning uncontrollably," I stood up, dusted the dirt in my pants off and walked towards my room.

Why did she have to turn at that very moment?
She did not get to give a response to my very unplanned and unprepared confession.
But more importantly, does she feel the same way?