ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4 ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ

❦︎

it was finally the end of the school day. it had felt like an eternity to riki for his first day.

so much had happened on the first day. a boy gave him a nickname, some dramatic stuff, now that he thought about it, his day was full of that sunoo boy.

wherever he went, sunoo would be there. sunoo was there to save him at the roof top, too. it was ironic how sunoo would be wherever riki was to save him.

riki was grabbing his bag from his cubby and changing his shoes when he saw a figure at the corner of his eye.

he looked up to see sunoo looking down at him, smiling. "you scared me." he said under his breath.

sunoo laughed. "you didn't seem very scared" he said as he crouched down to riki's level.

"don't crouch down." riki glared at the boy.

"why not?" "it makes me feel small even when i'm taller than you."

"you can't be THAT tall" sunoo looked at the boy and stood back up.

riki decided to show how tall he was and also stood up. sunoo stared.

"see" riki stared back.

"dude how tall are you" a voice said from behind riki.

riki turned around to see that one boy who hung around sunoo a lot.

"pfft, he's towering over you jake" sunoo pointed out. ah, the boy was jake.

"shut up, i asked him how tall he is" the brunette

"i don't know how tall i am actually" riki said, just now noticing he doesn't know his own height.

"you must be at least 7 feet" sunoo exaggerated.

"i refuse to believe that a 15 year old is taller than me." jake huffed and crossed his arms. "he's only a year younger than you jake, stop over exaggerating" sunoo rolled his eyes. "says the dramatic king." jake snapped back. 'oh no' riki thought to himself, knowing the two were gonna bicker again.

"i am nOt dramatic" sunoo stomped his feet and moved a bit closer to jake. "pfft, sure you aren't" jake looked up, not looking at the other. "hEY- LOOK AT ME" sunoo yelled and jumped up and down. some people stopped by to see what the commotion was about.

jake looked down, a little too down that it made sunoo scrunch his nose up. "i'm taller than you" the boy shook his whole body, dramatically. "see what i mean?" jake raised an eyebrow and looked sunoo up and down. sunoo rolled his sleeves up, ready to throw a fee punches at his friend.

"woaaah there." someone with a deeper voice than the 3 boys said. they all turned around and saw sunghoon, heeseung was following behind. jake squeaked as he saw sunghoon and hid behind sunoo. "wh-" "now where were you mr. sim?" sunghoon asked, tilting his head as he stopped in his tracks.

"the vendi-" "don't you dare say the vending machine." sunghoon interuppted jake. "nobody takes an hour trying to get a drink from the vending machine. just because school is over doesn't mean i'm over with you." sunghoon grumbled and dragged jake back to the library.

heeseung and jay watched as jake was being dragged by his collar. by the looks of it, sunghoon wasn't done with his lecture since it looked like jake was spacing out. "i never got to lecture you for ditching me" jay looked up and made eye contact with sunoo.

the brunette being stared at laughed nervously. "oh reaaaaally? oh but whoops! i have to go to a café and study with ni-ki–" sunoo tried desperately to get out of the lecture. "no you don-" jay was interrupted as sunoo was dragging riki out the school already.

"that boy i swear to god." jay sighed. jungwon who was next to them, was still questioning something. "who's ni-ki?" "i'm assuming its riki. it seems they're already close enough to give each other nicknames" jay replied. "awe maan, can't believe sunii got closer to the new kid before me" jungwon pouted. jay laughed.

⋆⁑ ꕤ❊°⋆⁑✼✶⋆°❁ꕤ ⁑⋆

riki and sunoo were running. they both didn't know where, but they were definitely running while holding hands. of course riki didn't notice they were holding hands. it wasn't until sunoo saw a café appear in his field of sight that he stopped. once he stopped, riki bumped into sunoo's back and fell back.

"oh- sorry" sunoo smiled and stuck out a hand for the boy on the ground. "don't give me that smile..." riki mumbled under his breath and took the hand. "why not?" he asked as he pulled riki up from the ground. "i've seen it too much today." riki dusted himself off and walked into the café he fell in front of.

"do i smile that much-?" sunoo asked himself as he walked in as well. he was a bit distracted with himself that he bumped into riki. "sorry-" he apologized and looked around the café. there weren't many people in the café which made it a bit more cozy for riki.

he didn't like people that much. especially energetic and loud people, but oh well. they're all around the world so why not get used to them. the café had a comforting silence in it. only the clinks and clanks of cups as the baristas were moving cups around in the back.

sunoo was amazed by the aesthetic of the café. there were spots where the tables would be next to the window and the sunshine would be perfect for selfies. riki was already up next to the counter ordering his stuff. he turned back and looked at the sight seeing sunoo.

"do you want anything?" riki asked quietly since the place was quiet and he didn't want to ruin the silence. sunoo turned his attention to riki, assuming he was talking to him. but he wanted to make sure not to embarrass himself so he pointed at himself. "me?" he asked.

"yes, who else would i be asking." upon hearing this, sunoo smiled, embarrassed, and flushed a bright pink. "i'll just get a peach smoothie" sunoo said. the boy then decided to take a seat next to the one with the good lighting. but then realized that he made riki pay.

"wait a minute" sunoo mumbled to himself and ran over to riki. he pushed him aside with a swift move of his hip and brought out his wallet. "what was that for-" riki groaned as he got pushed aside. his eyes widened as he saw sunoo getting his wallet out.

"no. i'm paying." riki got back on his feet and looked at sunoo's hands. "you pay for your drink, i'll pay for mine" sunoo said proudly and paid for his drink. "i said i was going to pay.." riki grumbled and paid for his own drink.

"well too late~" sunoo hummed and sat down, waiting for his drink. riki sat across from him.

❦︎

(A/N: okay well this chapter was short- probably because i have more ideas for the next chapter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and alssoooo this story is close to 127 views 👀👀 aye aye 127 sqUADDDD

okay anyways promotion time. go read my good ol pal's first story game over. right now. her name is pwoonsx, but in a very fancy font so lemme tag her and hopefully not bother her pwoonsx gOt iT. stop these periods are making me seem so serious bc idk how to end a sentence-)