chapter 18 - tea

"jake, you're going to have to face sunghoon eventually." jay and heeseung surrounded jake by his locker, making sure he wouldn't run off.

"no way i'm facing him after yesterday." jake huffed, slamming his locker shut.

before the two boys could persuade jake any further, he disappeared to his designated class. which, they shared majority of the same schedule so they would see him often.

heeseung looked at jay to see his reaction before sighing. things were going downhill real fast.

"ja-" the older was about to start before getting interrupted by the other.

"i know. i'll try and sort this out one way or another.." jay also sighed, covering his eyes with his hand.

"what happened yesterday anyway??" heeseung didn't know if it was safe to ask but he wanted to know before making any further moves.

"sunghoon confronted jake about something but i have no idea either" the younger didn't think it would harm anybody to tell heeseung.

after all, he was practically the glue to the friend group.

"ahh, i see. i'll go talk to sunghoon if i have the chance" heeseung swung his arm around jay's neck, walking him to their class.

-

"..so how was your guys' day?" sunoo asked in attempt to lighten up the dark atmosphere around their lunch table.

"fine." sunghoon mumbled.

"could be better." jake said while staring at sunghoon.

"will you two just cut it out already?!" heeseung smacked sunghoon on the back of his head.

jay nodded and shot a glare at jake, making the brunette shrink on the spot.

"hey gu- oh. never mind." jungwon waved his hand to the others but immediately stopped and turned around after feeling a weird, dark aura around the lunch table.

"ughh, i cannot bare this!" sunoo yelled and got up from his seat.

he dragged sunghoon closer to jake's spot and huffed.

"if you two don't sort this out one way or another, i'm going to stop being friends with the both of you!" he was lying. he just made up some half-assed lie from the tippy top of his head.

"what??" sunghoon got up from his seat in shock.

"you're so cruel." jake puffed his cheeks out.

"maybe i am. but not until you guys make up, im not talking to any one of you." and with that, sunoo grabbed niki by the arm and stormed off.

"..good luck?" heeseung patted sunghoon's back before also grabbing ahold of jay and running after the younger duo.

-

jake stared at sunghoon.

sunghoon tried his best to ignore the other clearly staring straight at him.