Chapter 10 - #MinaThoughts

I’ll go make us some breakfast, yes?” Iker asked.

“Uhm..” Mina began to answer.

But she need not say more, for Iker smiled at her, grabbed a shirt on the floor and put it on. Mina remained seated on the bed and started to think. Instantaneously, her thoughts burst like fireworks and it made her headache worse. She looked around and spotted a picture frame on the nightstand, holding a photo of a younger Iker with a younger Unai. That made Mina smile and then..

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” Mina yelled.

Instantly, the door opened and Mina turned to see a smirking Sergio, Karim, Alvaro and Unai, followed by Iker, who was holding a pan. Mina facepalmed and covered her face while the guys burst out laughing.

“Alright, you guys, get out and leave me and Mina alone.” Iker bossily said.

Sergio threw Mina smirk and threw Iker a knowing look, then followed Karim, Unai and Alvaro out, pulling the pan from Iker’s hand. When the door was closed behind Sergio, Mina stood up but Iker pushed her gently down the bed.

“Were you having a nightmare?” he checked, worriedly.

“No.” Mina answered in a small voice that seemed like she was nervous. Iker chuckled.

“You don’t have to be nervous.” Iker said.

“Who said I was?” Mina lied.

“You’re speaking in a very small voice, that’s so not you.” Iker said.

Mina covered her eyes because Iker’s eyes on hers were too much to take. Even that thought surprised her. Iker chuckled and pried her hands from her eyes.

“So, why were you shouting?” he asked, sitting beside Mina.

“I just realized I’m not at my own room.” Mina answered.

“Well, you passed out on me.” Iker said.

“What happened last night?” she asked.

“You got so drunk, you were practically hitting on Alvaro Morata and other younger guys on the team and then you drunk called me, I picked you up and you started to kiss me and..”

Iker stopped narrating the events last night because Mina had chosen to cover her ears. Iker was amused and trying his hardest not to laugh. Never has he found a girl so easy to tease like this. Once again, he pried Mina’s hands from her ears and held them gently, careful not to hurt her.

“What are you doing?” Mina demanded.

“What are you doing?” Iker shot her the question back.

“I don’t want to hear what came next after I started kissing you.” Mina said.

And to that, Iker laughed out so loud, Mina’s eyes widened and she bit her lip.

“Tell me you’re joking please.” Mina said.

“Why?” Iker asked.

“Because..” Mina began and then stopped because Iker was smiling. “IKER CASILLAS FERNANDEZ!” she yelled.

“God, you’re so fun to tease, you know that?” Iker asked.

“I hate you.” Mina said weakly and Iker shook his head, still chuckling.

“Get dressed, we have visitors and we’re having breakfast.” Iker said.

He kissed the top of her head and left her alone in his room. For a moment, Mina stood on the same spot, frozen and a million thoughts swarming in her head like bees. Did Iker just kiss her head? Why. She took a deep breath and tried to shake things about Iker, his eyes, his laugh, that kiss and those butterflies in her stomach.

“Well, shit.” was all Mina could mutter as soon as she closed her eyes and saw Iker in the back of her mind.

“So, you were saying nothing happened? As in nothing, nothing?” Unai asked.

“I don’t want to do any dick moves on you.” Iker answered.

“How many times do I have to tell you, Mina and I are like siblings? She’s the sister I never had.” Unai said.

They’ve been going on and on about this while Iker was busy making breakfast and the guys were listening to them and waiting for Mina to join them so they can finally eat.

“MINAAAAA, if you’re not down in two minutes, I am so going upstairs and I don’t care if you’re naked!” Sergio called out.

Iker threw Sergio a look that caused Sergio to shrug and laugh while the guys just laughed like it was the funniest thing they have ever heard.

“You were saying?” Mina asked Sergio as she appeared.

Unai smiled and gave Mina a hug then sat beside Karim, while Iker looked at Mina. And he could tell she was still hiding something and that something was the sadness in her eyes. She stepped next to Iker and smiled.

“You, scoot and leave the cooking to me.” Mina said.

Iker smiled and moved away, making space for Mina. Their shoulders brushed into each other’s and Iker caught the familiar Mina scent. A mixture of jasmine and rose while Mina shivered a bit and felt her heart jump out of her throat. They all had breakfast, talked and teased Mina and Iker endlessly. At around 10 in the morning, they all left, leaving the two, sitting on the couch, with Doce, Iker’s dog seated upon their feet.

“Tell me.” Iker said.

“What to tell, Iker?” Mina asked.

“Why are you so sad and don’t tell me you’re not.” Iker said and Mina looked at him.

“Iker, please don’t interrupt me..” Mina began.

“I won’t.” Iker butted in.

“…while I am performing and convincing everyone I am okay.” Mina finished.

“No, Mina, you are going to tell me.” Iker convinced.

“You know, I am sleepy.” Mina changed the subject and closed her eyes.

Iker shook his head and smiled, then lied next to Mina. Mina’s heart pounded fast, she really wished it wouldn’t. But then, it pounded more and more when Iker pulled her and let her lay her head on his chest.

This may sound crazy but this feels like home. Mina thought.