Chapter 2- You had Me at Food

Meet me at the usual place for lunch. – Ali.

Mina read out Ali’s text message and shoved the phone back inside her bag, to pay attention to the last few minutes of her class. But she doesn’t have any clue of what the professor was talking about, because she couldn’t help but think about Ali’s text. They usually have breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts and even coffee in their favorite restaurant when they’re happy, excited, sad, too lazy to cook and sometimes, at a random.

“Anyone who wishes to pass this subject should not depend on his or her photographic memory.” the professor said.

Mina took a deep breath and tried to appear cool. She was almost sure that the professor was talking about her, but she couldn’t care less. She just wants this to be over so she can go and run to meet Ali. When the bell rang, she was the very first one to get out of the classroom and was running as fast as her pair of wedges could take her to the exit of the school.

“Hey! Tranquila, navy blue!” someone called out while gripping Mina’s elbow. She spun to see who it was.

“What are you doing here?!” Mina demanded and Sergio smiled.

“Nice to meet you too, navy blue.” Sergio said and Mina rolled her eyes.

“I have no time for this, I need to..” Mina began.

“I know. Come on, I am going to drive you to the restaurant.” Sergio butted in.

“How did you know?!” she asked.

“Because, navy blue, I am stalking you.” Sergio answered.

“Well..” Mina began and looked at Sergio’s outfit and almost wanted to laugh out loud. “pink shirt, you are a very good stalker.”

They looked at each other. At first, Sergio looked like he wanted to tackle her badly while Mina stood there, smirking at him. And then, they laughed out loud, much to each other’s surprise.

“Listen, Mina, I’m really sorry that I was rude to you. I was just teasing you.” Sergio said.

“I know you were, but I was nervous, offended and don’t worry, I got over it.” Mina said.

 “Come on, navy blue, if we keep Ali, Unai and Iker waiting, they will think I kidnapped you.” Sergio said.

“Are you sure it’s a good idea that you sent Sergio to pick her up?” Unai asked Ali.

“Don’t worry, Sergio is a good guy.” Iker answered.

“But with what he did to Mina..” Unai began.

“Boys, boys, come on! I know Mina better than you two, she may or may not kick Sergio in the balls as soon as she sees him, standing outside our school waiting for her.” Ali answered.

“That’s not good!” Unai said and Iker laughed.

“Sergio can handle it.” Iker said and smiled.

“Okay, Casillas 1 and Casillas 2..spill the beans!” Ali said.

Unai, Iker and Ali are already seated on a table in a private booth inside Ali’s and Mina’s favorite restaurant. Unai was seated next to Ali while Iker was seated alone, across them. Before Unai and Iker could say something, the door opened and Mina, who was wearing a navy blue V-neck dress with belt and lace overlay. And she laughing, followed by Sergio, who was very talkative.

“What’s up, you three?” Sergio asked.

“We have something to tell Mina.” Unai said and Mina stopped, her eyes widened.