Free To Live Freely

"Wait really? Your not going to pull no evil, sneak trick?" I asked, looking over at Sonic, the normal one.

"No. Why would you we do that?"

"Well... I don't know. I just figured that you would take him regardless." I said, continuing to pet the demonic hedgehogs quills. He was quiet, and still now. His face was still buried in my midsection.

"No we wouldn't do that. Well, Knuckles would."

"But he is going to have to get use to Exe living among us now." Silver said, as the said echidna grumbled.

"Yeah, but thank you all thought... For letting him stay with me. I promise he wont cuase any trouble without reason." I said, as the said demon, lifted his head up and rested it on my arm, looking over at the five like a shy child.

"Anytime. Most of us knows how much he meant to you, and how much you meant to him. And maybe it will be a good thing to have you around Exe." Sonic said, looking at the shy looking Exe.

"Hmph..." Exe buried his face back in my shirt.

"Well, you best take care of the guy. Chaos knows what other accidents he may get into." Sonic said, getting up, Silver, and Tails following his lead.

"Probably so."

"Who's side are you on?" Exe asked looking up at me, with a small fake betrayed look on his face.

"Hey, its true. You hurt yourself more than anyone I know." I said.

Exe let out a rather... Quiet, sarcastic, and cute growl.

"Well, will see you two around then. Glad we could clear everthing up. Welcome to living freely Exe." Sonic said, before walking out the door. Shadow being the last one out, gently closing the door back.

"Mmmuuuggghhh..... I want to dddiiieee...." Exe groaned out, slipping out of the couch, and ontk the floor.

"Why? Was it because you showed them you have emotions?" I asked, taking his spot. As I again ran my hands through his long, fluffy quills.

"Yyyeeesss...." He groaned out again, leaning g his head back, looking up at me.

"You'll live. Your going to have to since you can't die." I said, patting the sides of his head lightly.

"Mmeehh..."

At this point was just playing with the supposedly embarrassed, and adorable devil hog I love, like a cat.

"You are too cute." I said, scratching Exe behind the ears, making him purr. Before pulling his head away from my hand.

"How many time must I say it. I am not cute! Not back then, and not now." He said, crossing his arm., and giving me a half playful, half realistic glare.

"You keep telling yourself that." I said.

"Hmph..."

"Either way, since there gone now. I would like to conte finishing my breakfast." I said, continuing to eat, thankfully it didn't get too cold.

"Ehhh... Don't mind me." Exe said, quickly taking a piece of my bacon.

"Hey, that was mine!"

"And now it mine. Like you are mine." He said looking over at me with a wide, half lidded grin.

"I... Your not wrong..."

"Am I ever wrong?" He said, leaning back into my lap again.

"Hmph..."

"Oh, how the tables have turned haven't they?" He asked looking up at me, still with that grin.

"Shush it... You midge bacon stealer." I said, but soon realized my mistake.