Chapter 4

I love this guy's designs of the various Dream SMP members. (Bad's is literally awesome:)) You can find this image (and many more absolutely awesome dsmp fanarts) on his Twitter, @Ed0licious . Also just wanna mention I'm probably gonna start putting a drawing of an underrated artist at the beginning of every chapter so be on the lookout for them and if you like what you see consider checking them out yourself!

I see his head tilt at the name he'd been given.

"I think it sounds a bit better than R-26266, what do you think?" His eyes stare blankly back at me.

"I know this is all very new and you're probably freaking out right now, but I promise you'll get used to it." His head nods so slightly I can't tell if he actually agreed or if he simply shifted.

"I'm N/N. I'm going to spend a lot of time with you and I'll keep you safe." He moves slightly closer on his hands and knees, like an infant learning to crawl.

"R-ranb-boo?" a deep gravelly voice says from in front of me. My smile grows slightly.

"Yes. You're Ranboo," I say as I point at him.

"N-N/N?" he says as he points at me. I nod and smile again.

"Right, I'm N/N. Can you come out of here with me? Into the box out there?" I extend my hand slowly towards him. He shrinks back quickly into the corner again. I pull back my hand slowly.

"It's okay. We can stay here a bit longer. Can you say anything else?"

"L-look for t-the eye." A look of confusion spreads across my face but quickly disappears as I turn to the containment door. Fundy has entered the metal box with us now and comes to sit next to me.

"Hello Ranboo. I'm Fundy," he smiles, showing his canines with his tail wagging slowly.

"F-furry?" A smile cracks across my lips as I try to stifle my laughter. Fundy turns to me with his ears pinned flat to his head as he glares at me.

"Yes that's Furry," I respond quickly before Fundy can say anything. Ranboo inches closer again, eyes trained on the tail wagging behind Fundy.

"Fundy turn around." He gives me a look of confusion before noticing the hard stare his tail is getting and giving a small smile before twisting around, tail pointed towards Ranboo, who looks at me, almost asking for permission.

"Yes, you can touch it. Be gentle." I place my hand softly on the end of the tail next to me, which by the way is surprisingly soft, before Ranboo slowly places his larger hand next to mine, running his fingers through the orange fuzz.

"F-furry is s-soft." I smile and nod in agreement as I see a slight blush appear across Fundy's cheeks (his face cheeks. Don't get any dirty ideas.) from embarrassment.

"He is. Do you think we can move outside of here now Ranboo?"

"B-bright outs-side." I look outside at the bright lights in the box.

"Stay here with Furry. I'll dim the lights, but I can't turn them off. I need to be able to see." I see his glowing eyes move in a nodding motion as I stand and move to exit the box. I'm met with Wilbur outside the door.

"How's it going?"

"He shows signs of great intelligence. He can form simple sentences but he doesn't like light. I'm gonna turn them down to get him to come outside." Wilbur nods thoughtfully before walking to the control panel to turn the lights down. I smile before turning to reenter the room.

"Oh by the way, he calls Fundy 'furry'." Loud laughter immediately erupts from behind me and in that moment I'm glad the boxes are sound proof, meaning no sound, unless happening directly on the glass, gets out and none gets in. I walk towards where Ranboo and Fundy are sitting on the ground.

"That is as dark as I can make it. Will you come out now?" I see his eyes rise far above my head as he stands. Their prediction of him being 8'5" is probably close to accurate, but I'll actually measure him later. Fundy and I turn and walk into the room, before standing not far outside the box and waiting for Ranboo to join us. I hear his slow foot falls on the dark metal and eventually see a human looking foot emerge into the light. Once he moves entirely into the light I see what the organism I've been looking at for the last hour looks like. His skin falls into 2 different halves, the red eye giving a pop of color to a grey-ish white color, the green eye standing out against a brilliant black. His hair is opposite, with a white half covering his forehead on the black side and dark black hair with slight hints of purple covering the white. He steps onto the hard concrete floor of the glass box and looks down upon me and Fundy.

"S-short," he says while pointing a long finger at us, a small smile falling across his lips.

"Everyone is short compared to you. You're a giant," Fundy complains. The glass doors begin to close, a loud puff of steam emerging from the pistons as they move. Fear flashes through Ranboo's eyes before he disappears, reappearing in the corner of the room farthest from the pistons. He continues to teleport around the room until the doors are shut and the room is quiet again. His breathing is still panicked, but he's calm enough to move towards his spot on the floor without scaring him again.

"It's okay Ranboo. The sound is over. It's safe now," I whisper as I inch towards him. When I get close enough, I place my hand gently on his knee and begin rubbing it softly. His breathing begins calming more as I sit there with him.

"N/N we need to leave to prevent over exposure." I turn to Fundy and nod.

"I need to leave this room now. I'll be right outside this glass, so you can still see me, okay?" I see a slight nod as I smile and turn towards decontam. The door to solitary opens as Fundy and I leave. The person who enters I don't quite recognize, granted all I can see is a black and red hoodie with horns peeking over the top. Another case of over exposure, poor soul. Wonder who it got this time and which SCP caused it. I have to silence a gasp when the person turns to me, red eyes staring into my soul standing out against a black canvas.