Chapter 10.5

Photo Credit: @cinnamacaron_ on Twitter.com

I awake to someone shaking me. I open my eyes to see a panicked Ranboo.

"G-get under t-the b-bed. H-hide!" I quickly do as he says, sliding under the bed and processing that the dark facility means that I missed call back time by a lot. I hear the door to Ranboo's unit open and see a figure step through. Ranboo has pushed himself as far back against the glass wall of his unit as possible as the feet of the figure approached him.

"Now let's make this easy, shall we? Let me have your wrist, you pathetic excuse for a weapon." Eret. Of course it's Eret. I can't do anything to stop him right now either or I'll get found out and who knows what'll happen then.

"N-no..." The fear in the boy's voice makes me want to strangle the man next to me.

"I wasn't asking." A pained sound escapes Ranboo and I ball my hands into fists. Eret leaves a few minutes later and Ranboo sinks to the ground, tightly holding his previously unbandaged wrist. I take off my t-shirt, thankfully I decided to wear a tank top under it today, and wrap it tightly around his wrist. I feel something wet drop onto my hands as I tie and take my attention to his face, where pained tears are falling down his cheeks, leaving behind what appear to be burns. I move from sitting on my feet to kneeling before him, taking the edge of my tank top and wiping away his tears, pulling his face into my chest to hopefully prevent any more tears from falling down his face and worsening the burns already there.

"Shh... It's okay, Ran. I know it hurts. I'll get stuff for it after the workday starts." I sit back down on the ground and pull his head into my lap. I run my fingers through his surprisingly soft hair and fall asleep again not much later.

I awake again to the 4am alarm that allows people to begin their workday. Gently, I remove Ranboo's head from my lap and place it on the pillow I removed from his bed. I leave his unit as quietly as possible and sneak back to my dorm where I hope Niki is still asleep. Unfortunately she's not, and is waiting patiently on the couch in the main room with Wil.

"Had a nice night out did we?" I stand there like a deer in headlights for a few moments before Niki breaks the silence.

"Where were you? I was worried maybe Eret had done something!"

"I... Sorry Niki. I fell asleep in Ranboo's unit. Speaking of, we need to get back in there because currently my shirt is tied around his wrist and he has burns on his face." She gives a nod towards Wil, who gives me a stern look before leaving our dorm.

"You can't do that again. We told you his radiation is more dangerous than that of most of the SCPs we have here. It takes less exposure to have detrimental effects."

"I know Niki, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, honestly I didn't."

"I know you didn't. You're lucky nothing's happening now with how much time you've spent with him." I nod knowingly and walk into our room to get ready for the day, not noticing the small flicks of black and white hiding in my hair.

I've had this planned since the beginning but my god y'all are desperate for it. The over exposure process has begun and there is still more to come so I hope you're content with what I've got planned :)
-Alpa