Chapter 6.5

Image Credit: @enceladia7 on Twitter.com

My eyes widen.

"He used to work here. He left after the announcement that we would be moved underground and kept here. I got to work with him 3 years before he left. I haven't seen him since."

"I can start out with him if you want. See if I can figure out why he looks like your dad. You're more than welcome to take him for yourself though. I know how much this'll mean to you." I place my hand softly on his shoulder as he nods.

"Go ahead and take him to start off. Keep me up to date on everything you discover, even if you don't add it to your reports." My eyes widen and my jaw drops slightly as Wil laughs.

"I.. How did you know I leave things out?"

"I know everything. I have to. But I also agree with what you leave out. We don't know what they do with the information we give them and Eret is very sketchy." I nod in agreement before walking towards the containment chamber. I open the file and see his identification number. B-47292, which transliterates to B-irdza if I remember correctly. I hear someone walk up behind me.

"Mind coming up with something a bit different this time?" I shake my head at Wil.

"Want me to call him your dad's name?"

"If you could... Maybe keep it like his file name though. Phil was his name." I nod thoughtfully before entering decontam.

"Hello Philza. My name is Dr. N/N. I heard you're a very intelligent man."

"I've heard that as well. What's up with the weird name? No identification number?"

"We don't like to do that here when we can. You aren't savages, you still have feelings, so why refer to you like a sample of bacteria?" He nods thoughtfully.

"You make an interesting proposition, N/N. What's up with the guy staring at me out there?" I look at Wil, who's still looking sadly through the glass at Philza.

"That's my boss, Wil. You look kind of like someone he used to know." Philza turns to the glass and offers Wil a sad smile.

"Can they hear us?" I grow confused at Philza's question, but shake my head regardless.

"The glass is soundproof and there are no internal cameras, so anything and everything said here is confidential."

"Good. I need you to promise me something N/N."

"Of course, what is it I'm agreeing to before I agree to it though if I may ask?"

"Not to say a word about this to anyone, including Wilbur. I know he'll want to to tell him everything." I nod with a bit of confusion as to how he knew Wil's full name, but my brain begins working as I stand there.

"Good. My name is Phil. You seem like a smart lass so I'm sure by now you've pieced this together by now but these people, they aren't who you may think."

Smaller chapter today,  but technically a double update this week. Please continue to leave your thoughts and predictions in the comments! I love reading them and seeing which of you can guess the storyline I have planned before I've posted it for you to see. 

Also, according to Wattpad analytics, the majority of people who read my books don't vote. If you enjoy what you've read, please consider voting. It's completely free and you can always remove it later.

Love y'all, 

Alpa