Chapter 5 (Bakugou)

Bakugou ferociously flies through the entrance exam. He takes down every metal monster in his path, leaving most of them as nothing but piles of dust.

"Hello there!" All Might's voice rings loudly in Bakugou's room. "Yes, I know you might be wondering why the number one hero is appearing in your UA message. . . letter. . . thing. Anyways, as of next year I will be one of your teachers at UA high. That is right. Congratulations! You, Bakugou Katsuki with a perfect score in combat and near perfect score in the written section, have been accepted into the hero course of UA. I look forward to teaching you young man."

The small screen on his desk shuts off, enveloping Bakugou in the darkness of his room once again. He should be happy. Overjoyed even. After all, he achieved his goal, didn't he? But he won't. He can't allow himself to feel something so selfish.

Bakugou lowers his head and crumples the envelope. "Damn it all," he whispers, his lower lip trembling. "Is this it then?" He thought that if he achieved his goal, if he had given the exam everything he has. If he becomes a hero—not for him, but for Deku—than he'd finally. . . "Are you really going to make me wait that long stupid nerd?"

The small screen flashes back on. "One more thing," the recording of All Might says in a serious voice and clears his throat. "Um, there is something I'd like to discuss with you. Meet me tonight at the beach. Now," All Might throws up a thumb and smiles. "This is top secret so don't tell anyone."

* * * *

Bakugou jolts up with a gasp, yanking the oxygen tubes wrapped around his ears off.

"Woah there young Bakugou. It's alright."

White sheets, white room, All Might stands slouched over in his frail form by Bakugou's hospital bed, hands reaching out. "Deku. . ." His eyes widen as his mind clears of the drugs pumped into him and the incident at the USJ comes back. "He. . . he's. . ." The pounding of Bakugou's heart rises to his ears and drowns out everything else. He casts his eyes down and brings his shaking hand to his face, breathing growing heavy and ragged.

"Bakugou, calm down," All Might says, his voice barely audible.

"What happened? Where is he?" Bakugou says, getting to the point.

All Might doesn't say anything.

Bakugou stands up and grabs All Might by the collar. He doesn't have time to sit around and wait for someone to stumble around their words. "Where is he!" All in an instant the room spins and he loses all the strength in his legs as he begins coughing uncontrollably. His throat feels like he swallowed glass and it's as if his chest is being stabbed and broken over and over. Pained back, cuts, bruises and burns all over.

The shadow over Bakugou grows and arms as wide as him wrap around his bandaged body, picking him up like a small child.

"Bakugou!" Kirishima runs in, leaving the rest of his classmates standing in the doorway.

"He's okay, just got a little too excited," All Might explains.

"Put me down or I'll blow you into tomorrow," Bakugou rasps weakly.

"You need to rest," All Might says as he puts Bakugou in bed. "Recovery girl was only able to heal a small amount of your wounds. Not to mention all the smoke you inhaled,"

"Yeah man, it's a good thing All Might got to you when he did. Who knows what that villain would have done."

Bakugou stiffens at the mention of him. "Where is he?" he asks, eyes hooded.