Chapter 11 (Bakugou) Part 2

Bakugou stiffens, his eyes wide.

What did she say?

That's when realization strikes. She called him that earlier. He was just too frustrated to notice.

Bakugou thrusts his knee into Uraraka's stomach as hard as he can. With her hold gone, he blasts her and shoves her off, gasping in much needed oxygen. Then he pulls himself to his knees and yanks out the knife. Stifling another cry, Bakugou tosses it aside and presses his forehead into the cool concrete, cradling his hand as Uraraka groans and coughs in a ball on the ground beside him.

He sucks in a breath, stands up, and shuffles to Uraraka. She tries to get up he grabs her collar and slams her back down, this time his fingers around her throat. "Where'd you hear that name?" He barks in her face.

"He was right. Push the right buttons and you go off like a bomb," she rasps.

"Answer the question!"

A smile lines her face. "Deku says to hurry up and finish it."

Bakugou's breath hitches. She's the one keeping an eye on him? But that means. . . she's been spying on them. All of the them. Not just him. Deku and the LOV have had someone on the inside this entire time. That would explain how they got into the USJ so easily. They had help.

But it doesn't add up. Uraraka was there with them the while time. She fought with them and was just as surprised and terrified as everyone else when the villains showed up.

"How long have you—"

Uraraka's skin and clothes start to melt. Her eyes change from brown to yellow and her short brown hair becomes two blond messy buns.

Bakugou watches with horror as the girl under him transforms into someone completely different.

"Well, he's not going to be happy about that," the girl says, her voice different just like the rest of her.

"Uraraka?"

"Are you blind? Of course not. I may be supposed to be her but I'm going to have to call me that ridiculous name when my secrets out. Pretending to be her is exhausting, Name's Toga," she says casually.

Bakugou growls and tightens his grip around Toga's throat. "Where's Uraraka?"

"Down boy," Toga says, tapping Bakugou's hand. "You kill me, you'll never see your Uraraka again."

"Don't worry I won't kill you. I'll just make you wish you were dead. Then I'll hand you over to the heroes and let them deal with you. Now where is Uraraka?"

"Sorry but I can't tell you. If things don't play out in the way Deku wants, he'll get mad. And neither of us want that. You want to save your precious buddy and find your classmate, you better let me go."

Bakugou reluctantly loosens his grip but keeps holding her down. "Fine. So now what?"

Toga glances around them at the walls slowly falling. Then she brings a vial of a thick red liquid and gulps it down, her body transforming back into an exact duplicate of Uraraka and her UA gym uniform. "We finish the fight, what else?"

Bakugou's lips curl into a snarl. "Alright then." He drives his fist into Toga's stomach and hauls her up by the collar, stunning her just enough to finish things off without knocking her out.

The next thing the crowd sees is a confusing ending of Bakugou walking through the last of the dust cloud with Uraraka in tow and throwing her with all his might past the bounds.