Chapter 16 (Deku)

Bakugou screams at Deku through the shut door, yelling at him to come back. He shouts at Deku to release him, threatening Deku as if it will make any difference.

"I'm going to kill you, you damn nerd! Get your ass back in here!" Bakugou's muffled shouts caused Deku to smile. Bakugou used to say those same words when they were children to get him off his back and to tear him apart. Now that Deku has turned his back on him, Bakugou says those words get him to face him once more.

Deku leaves Bakugou with Shigaraki and the rest of the gang. In the end, it doesn't matter if Bakugou denies Shigaraki's invitation or not. His part in this war is unavoidable. He will be the first to fall. Once he does, All Might will fall soon after. He will not have enough time to find and train a new successor before he can no longer use One for All. Once the greatest hero falls One for All will be returned to it rightful master and the world will burn.

The blood in Deku's veins heats and boils as he walks down a narrow hallway. The tips of his fingers grow hot and his eyes burn red. Excitement runs rampant through him, waking his quirk, dangerously close to setting things aflame. A sharp pain starts in Deku's chest, causing his breath to catch. He tries to swallow it down but it doesn't go away. The pain persists and it's not long before the pads of his fingers begin to tingle.

Deku sucks in a breath and pushes forward, reaching for the exit. Suddenly the crisp night air fills Deku's lungs as he steps out of the hideout and into the alleyway. He takes a deep breath, and feels the fire inside him settle.

One.

Two.

Three.

Deku counts each step he takes, lining them up with his breaths. Each step, each inhale, cools his blood. "Doc, you there?" Deku switches his ear piece to a line only he has access to.

An old, scruff voice answers back, "Yes."

"Did you hear all that?" This particular line had been set up soley for the Doctor, Deku, and All for One. The doctor hears everything, he is tapped into everyones ear piece. Dabi's, Toga's, Shigaraki's, Kurogiri, everyone. But only Deku and All for One are able to converse with him.

"Good. I think it's time to make preparations for the next step."

The Doctor chuckles. "Yes, so do I."

Fifteen.

Sixteen.

"Shall I inform him or would you like to?" The Doctors adds.

Deku pulls on a pair of tight leather gloves and flexes his hands. The tingling ended at his knuckles this time. There was no numbness or paralysis.

"Izuku?"

"What," Deku snapped into his earpiece at the use of that name.

"I noticed a spike in your vitals."

"I'm fine," Deku said abruptly.

The sound of tying filled his ear. "How bad was the attack this time?"

"It wasn't."

"What are you unable to move?"

Deku flexes his hands again. The tingling was still there, but it was lessening. "Nothing."

The Doctors questions continued calmly despite the rising anger in Deku's voice. "Is the pain in your chest still there? Is it growing? Is it staying the same?"

"Doc," Deku all but yells."

The doctor continues to type away, ignoring Deku.

"Doc. That's enough. Everything is fine."