Chapter 14 (Deku) Part 2

"Or what?" Deku asks with a laugh then his eyes flare a deep red. "Rember what my quirk does? Try it again and I'll make sure that nurse of yours can't fix you up. Plus, I'm not sure how many more explosions to the face your ears can take. Do you want to test it out?" Deku snaps his fingers and lets the fire grow in his palms.

Bakugou stands there for a moment, looking between Deku and the scarred person standing lazily next to him. Then his lips part and curve upward. He's so royally pissed off that he can't help but smile. Pissed off at himself for being such an ass all his life, pissed at Deku for what he's become, what they both put his mom through. Pissed at how much of an idiot he is.

"You're right," he finally says, turning his smile into a smirk as he pushes his hair back. "When you said I was being selfish back at the festival. Like hell I want to save you and bring that that shitty kid who was always stuck to my side back because the thing is, that pathetic damn nerd is dead. I only wanted to help you after you became a murdering son of a bitch. Like you said, I'm selfish. But I'd be even more selfish if I didn't knock some sense into you."

He creates a smoke screen all around him, sending a blast directly into the ground. Deku raises his hand, ready to fight. But Bakugou just calmly walks through the cloud. "Seeing as I can't do that right now, take me to your leader," he dares, barring his teeth.

Deku raises his chin and crosses his arms, relaxing his stance, contemplating his answer. Killing two birds with one stone. Not only would he have Bakugou per the league's original plan, but it would make All Might furious. He'd charge in head first, giving the opportunity for a long awaited reunion. He couldn't give a damn about Shigaraki's little recruitment vision. While he's running around, building All For One's army, the real gears to transform this world will be turning.

But. . . that doesn't account for whatever plan Bakugou's got.

Deku looks into the burning building where All Might has yet to emerge from. Did Bakugou lose him in the rubble and smoke? Or is he hiding somewhere, observing, waiting for the right moment? Although that's something he would never do, he can't rule anything out. After all, he's got a successor to take care of.

"Are you sure? That's a serious request," Deku finally says.

Bakugou's face lights up with a large, lopsided grin. "Take me to that scaly bastard of the League of Villains."

"Alright then," Deku answers, matching Bakugou's smile his a crazed one of his own, happy to oblige in his foolish antics. Then he turns to Dabi, muttering under his breath, "could you help me out here?"

"Excuse me? You're the one who wanted fight him. You got in this mess and involved me for that very reason."

Deku shakes his head and looks to Bakugou. "That was a private matter. He wants to meet Shigi, my boss. Besides, we'll have plenty of more opportunities to finish our fight. Right now, he's got something else to prove."

"I see," Dabi says in understanding. "Well alright then. I guess I'm up. Blame yourself when he gets squashed. I won't be holding back."

"That's the point."

"What's going on?" Bakugou asks as Dabi steps forward.

"Meet a close friend of mine," Deku says loudly. "He taught me everything I know. If you can beat him, then I'll take you to face of the League of Villains."

"I've heard a lot about you. Names Dabi." Dabi raises his hands and creates a circle of fire around him and Bakugou.

Deku watches outside the ring of fire as Dabi begins the fight, jumping right in and not holding back. Blue flames leap and fly around and explosions ring through the air as Bakugou dodges and attacks.