Chapter 15 (Class-1A)

Bakugou Katsuki. Seat number 17. Class, 1-A. Hero course. A kid no one really likes. Noisy, angry, explosive personality as well as explosive quirk. He picks fights with everyone in the class whenever he thinks they underestimate them. And he always looks down on everyone but a few people, thinking he's better than them. But those few people in his class that he doesn't, he acknowledges them, eager to prove he is stronger.

The thing is, no one underestimates him. They know he is strong. They know he has potential. They all would never admit it to his face but they actually rely on him a lot.

He pushes hard, past his limit. He does whatever it takes to win, pushing past his limits. That's what makes it too easy to look up to him. His drive makes everyone else push harder than they ever thought they could.

They would never admit it to his face, but his drive is what keeps them going.

* * * *

Mr. Aizawa stands silently at the front of the room, hand in pockets and slumped.

Everyone is silent, slumped over, defeated and exhausted. Even after nearly a week off of school—a few days to recover from the festival extended to almost seven once Bakugou was deemed missing—no one could shake the cold and empty feeling that had settled in.

Bakugou is gone. Kidnapped by a kid none of them even met. A kid who supposedly had a lot to do with Bakugou's childhood. A dead kid somehow alive.

That same kid is the one who blew up nearly half the stadium at the sports festival. They all could see how crazed he looked when he landed in the arena. He was bloodthirsty, itching to fight one person.

On top of it all, Uraraka has been missing for who knows how long. Kidnapped by Bakugou's old friend. None of them ever even noticed when that young blond girl took her place. And they are supposed to be her classmates.

"Why didn't he tell us?" Kirishima says once Mr. Aizawa finishes debriefing them on the situation.

"I'm not surprised," Asui replies. "I mean look around, none of us really know all that much about any of us."

Kirishima folds his arms and sinks deeper in his desk. "Still. . ."

"I want to know why that Midoriya kid faked his death. And how, that sounds pretty cool."

"That is not my information to share. You will have to ask Bakugou when we rescue him."

"How?" Kaminiari asks. "We don't even know where to find them. Where do we even start?"

"The heroes will figure it out. We will find both Uraraka and Bakugou. You guys will stay put and focus on classes. Before your final exams, you'll be doing work studies at different hero agencies. Those who caught the eye of pro heroes at the sports festival have already had offers to join their agency for the studies."

Although Todoroki is not one for talking much, not to mention his loss at the sports festival, he speaks up. "How can you expect us to focus on that while our classmates are missing."

"Not to mention the LOV is still out there!" Sero adds.

"Honestly, just do as your told," Momo Yaoyorozu scolds. "The pro heroes will find them. Besides, what can we do? We're just kids. We'll only get in the way."

"Yaoyorozu is right," Mr. Aizawa says. "Train and get stronger. Then when you are pro heroes you can save people without getting in the way."

The class falls silent. Momo and Mr. Aizawa were right. They may have been able to easily take care of the LOV when they infiltrated the USJ, but those were only grunts. The leaders were much stronger. That strange haze, the thing they called Nomu, that freak with all the hands, and Bakugou's childhood friend. None of them had fought those villains but they weren't stupid enough to think they could beat them.